Search Page | Back to Results
Director of Accommodations (Housekeeping Director)
The Director of Accommodations position manages Accommodations Staff and controls the activities of the Accommodations Department assuring that our Guest Rooms, Public Areas, and Employee Areas meet the highest standards of cleanliness, as well as, directs the efforts of the Housekeeping/Laundry and Service Tech work centers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Develops and maintains standards of excellence, quality and consistency for the Accommodations Ministry.
• Coordinates the effective operation of the department to ensure professionalism, efficiency, and safety.
• Plans and directs the housekeeping, pest control and set up services in all Forest Home facilities.
• Take ownership to recruit, hire, train and successfully support and manage the talent of all new and existing team members.
• Leads staff by example in accordance with Forest Home Core Values
• Develops, manages and controls the annual budget within targets and assure good stewardship and allocation of all Accommodations resources.
• Establishes and maintains quality control and employee progress reports.
• Directs the purchasing and inventory control of both Hospitality and Service Tech.
• Establishes, trains and maintains a safety management program for staff including: storage and use of chemicals, vehicle inspections, reporting and tracking of repairs to vehicles and equipment, and Forest Home safety standards.
• Gives recommendations to the Sr. Director of Operations and Director of Buildings and Grounds for facility improvements, repair, replacement plans and room renovation schedules.
• Performs performance evaluations on direct reports.
• Supports and participates in staff spiritual life activities.
• Performs other tasks/duties as assigned.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
• High school diploma required.
• 4 Year College Degree preferred.
• 3 - 5 Yrs. experience as Director of Housekeeping (Or similar) desired
• 2 Yrs. In a department leadership role.
• Expert knowledge of housekeeping standards, safety standards, and proper chemical use.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Ability to perform job functions with attention to detail and a high degree of accuracy in a fast-paced environment.
• Ability to prioritize organizational and departmental needs in a fast-paced environment.
• Strong administrative and organizational skills required.
• Strong problem-solving skills with the ability to remain calm and execute clear thinking in a variety of situations.
• Ability to make judgment calls that serve both internal and external guests with minimal supervision.
• Ability to hear from God and pray for people, both in person and over the phone.
• Uphold and support the Mission, Vision and Core Values of Forest Home.
• Assume responsibility for initiating a pleasant atmosphere by displaying a professional attitude through performance, appearance, and demeanor.
• Actively supports and participates in the staff spiritual life activities.
• Regular, timely attendance.
• Signed statement of faith.
• Strong computer skills.
• Be a self-starter.
• Excellent people service skills, with the ability to provide service and streamline processes without compromising the integrity of the department or Forest Home and its policies and procedures.
• Accomplish assigned projects utilizing highly developed communication (written and verbal), project management, and time management and collaboration skills.
• Demonstrate the ability to perform high quality, detailed work.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality with handling sensitive information.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: Supervises all Accommodations and Service Tech staff.
Time: Full-Time Year Round
Updated: 6/19/2018 12:41:03 PM