Search Page | Back to Results
Skyview Ranch is a dynamic Christian Camp and Retreat Center that sits on 175 rolling acres in the heart of Ohio Amish Country. Skyview is a working ranch that offers a full line of camp-related activities including high ropes, paintball, marksmanship, assorted water activities in our state-of-the-art pool and a spring-fed pond, as well as caring for 23 horses for riding. The camp continues to have strong summer attendance and to be innovative in its camp and retreat offerings. The camp is staffed by 8 year-round salaried positions plus a strong apprentice program. It has a good summer staff retention with many returning for 3-4 years, a solid volunteer core, consistent donor base and an excellent rapport with a large constituency of churches, individuals, and the community, enabling the camp to have a rich spiritual history and a solid financial status.
POSITION TITLE: Office Director
POSITION REPORTS TO: Director of Operations
POSITIONS THAT REPORT TO THIS POSITION:
* Summer Health Office Staff
* Summer Office Staff
EMPLOYEE DESIGNATION: Staff
FLSA STATUS: Exempt, Full-Time
SKYVIEW RANCH DOCTRINAL POSITION:
All job applicants should be aware that Skyview Ranch is a private religious employer which holds specific doctrinal positions. All employees of SVR must be in full agreement with the doctrinal positions of SVR and agree to live by workplace lifestyle standards. SVR reserves the right to refuse or discontinue employment to any individual who does not agree with the doctrinal positions of SVR, or abide by the Employee Contract/Offer Letter, and the SVR Employee Policy Guide.
POSITION SUMMARY DESCRIPTION:
The Administrative Director is responsible for all office responsibilities and for assisting in administrative tasks at SVR.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE POSITION:
a. Answer incoming calls (Monday-Friday from 8am-5pm).
b. Respond to SVR voice messages within 24 hours.
c. Schedule phone coverage when not in the office.
d. Receive and respond to all general camp e-mail correspondence within 24 hours.
e. Process all daily incoming mail correspondence.
f. Input manual registrations within 24 hours of receipt.
g. Manage and meet all SVR letter mailing deadlines.
h. Ensure the office, conference room, and office bathroom are cleaned weekly.
i. Order office supplies as needed.
j. Manage onsite promotion table.
k. Assign SVR event housing.
l. Oversee all office equipment maintenance and upkeep.
m. Ensure bank deposits are completed every Friday.
n. Ensure all office money is placed in the office safe at the end of each day (no money is left out or in drawers).
o. Ensure all sensitive SVR information is disposed of properly daily (bank, credit card, staff, and guest information).
p. Ensure bills and invoices are being paid on-time.
q. Ensure financial information is stored appropriately
r. Maintain donor database and send out donation receipts weekly.
2. Summer Camp
a. Interview and make assigned summer staff recommendations for hire.
b. Supervise summer support staff supervisors, office staff, health office staff, and volunteer staff.
c. Assign summer camp housing.
d. Oversee summer camp scholarships.
e. Oversee summer camp registration during check-in day.
3. Proficient with CampWise (database and registration software).
4. Represent SVR at events as assigned.
5. Stepping in, as needed, to assist any staff member in accomplishing weekly priorities.
6. Manage assigned budget areas.
7. Other duties as assigned by the Director of Operations.
1. Notary Public
1. Minimum of 5 years of experience in Camping Ministry with an emphasis on Office, and Secretarial duties.
2. Above average communication skills – both written and verbal.
3. Proven organization.
4. Excellent time management.
5. AED, First Aid, CPR certification required.
6. Must possess a valid Ohio driver license.
GENERAL PROFESSIONAL EXPECTATIONS:
1. Agreement with the Doctrinal Statement, Employee Contract/Offer Letter, and the SVR Employee Policy Guide.
REQUIRED MENTAL/PHYSICAL ABILITIES:
1. Work requires the application of a variety of procedures, policies, and/or precedents. Applications may be direct or gained from interpretation of technical data.
2. Analytic ability is needed to gather and interpret data and adapt standard methods to fit variations in existing conditions.
3. Moderate physical effort; requires occasional lifting, carrying or otherwise moving of objects up to 75 pounds and regular movement of lighter objects of up to 20 pounds. Also requires the ability to walk or stand on various surfaces both indoors and outdoors.
4. The ability to operate motor vehicles – including farm equipment.
5. Reaching, pushing, pulling, fingering, grasping, feeling, hearing, crouching, stooping, kneeling.
1. Routine discomforts such as moderate heat, cold, moisture/wetness, or noise.
2. Routine exposure to light chemical substances and occasional exposure to hazardous conditions related to farming/ranching
If you are interested please submit your resume and cover letter Gary Adams (Director of Operations) at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Time: Full-Time Year Round
Updated: 6/30/2018 8:37:07 AM