Search Page | Back to Results
Human Relations Generalist
POSITION SUMMARY: The HR Generalist plays a key role in furthering the purpose of HEBFF by providing oversight of the recruiting process, compensation structure, and supporting all functions of the HR team.
PROGRAM MISSION: Through collaboration with leadership, the HR Department provides quality services to the employees of the Foundation: recruitment and retention of qualified individuals; training and development to achieve individual success; management of employee relations; compliance with employment law; upholding and supporting the mission and values of the Foundation at all times.
EMPLOYEE EXPECTATIONS: Rooted in our Christian faith, daily work reflects the Values of Teamwork and Unity, Quality, Stewardship, Service and Hospitality, Trust, Honesty and Truthfulness, and Flexibility and Learning.
• Supports managers and employees throughout the entire employment life cycle
o Works with managers on the hiring process: initiation of the requisition, creation of position profile, interviewing process, compensation review, and offer to acceptance
o Works with hiring manager to develop and monitor the new employee onboarding process
o Actively works to create employee engagement opportunities focused on the Values and Mission of HEBFF
o Works with managers and employees in the administration of current job descriptions, position structure, and ongoing updates
o Supporting managers and employees with separation process and replacement hiring.
• Responsible for the Foundation’s compensation structure and database
o Performs regular analysis on related market data to update and inform compensation decisions
o Provides compensation-specific analysis and supports benefits-specific changes
o Partners with managers to educate and inform them of compensation philosophy, research, and changes
o Partners with accounting department in processing changes in compensation and employee benefit adjustments
• Assist the HR Team and Program/Department managers with:
o Learning Conversations process
o Reinforcing values, culture, mission, and purpose
o Providing feedback and key learnings regarding staff development needs and training solutions
o Prepares and distributes employee and HEBFF announcements including multiple organizational-wide communications
o Seasonal staffing process for camping programs
• Offers expertise and assists on employment law and HR-related best practices regarding risk, health, and safety for HEBFF employees in support of relevant policies, procedures, and required reporting
• Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or a related field.
• Five years of relevant HR experience
• Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook)
• Human Resources Certification, a plus
• Ability to maintain confidential information
• Strong interpersonal skills - Listens well; Keeps emotions under control; Remains open to others' ideas and tries new things; Maintains and nurtures good working relationships with coworkers
• Strong Written/Oral Communication Skills - Speaks clearly and concisely in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings
• Ability to work on a team - Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed
• Strong ability to document systems and processes for collaborative teamwork
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. This is largely a sedentary role; however, some filing is required. This would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand as necessary, must be able to walk between camp and office facilities, on uneven terrain, as needed.
• This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones and multi-function printers. This position includes office assignments and occasional outdoor responsibilities throughout the year.
Candidates must be able to work Monday – Friday,
8 a.m. to 5 p.m. with occasional overtime and/or weekends
For more information or to apply, please contact Shelley Severson at 713-303-7086, email@example.com or go to https://www.hebff.org/work-with-us/.
Time: Full-Time Year Round
Updated: 7/27/2018 11:54:47 AM