Search Page | Back to Results
Job Title: Seasonal Assistant Cook
Area/Location: Camp MayMac, Felton, CA
Reports to: Lead Cook
Date Submitted for Revision: 4.18.18
Job Description Approved: 4.18.18
Classification: Support Staff / Seasonal / Part-Time 30+ / Non-Exempt
Salary: Range starts at $13 hour/DOE
Camp MayMac is looking for a temporary Assistant Cook to join our team from the middle of May through the end of August to help with our busy season. The Camp MayMac Assistant Cook is responsible for carrying out daily food service tasks before, during, and after service. The Assistant Cook will provide support for the Lead Cook in the preparation, serving, and clean up of meals and snacks. In addition, the Assistant Cook will help with all areas of hospitality, as needed. The Assistant Cook will assist the Lead Cook in an often unpredictable and stressful environment. In addition to working cooperatively with others, the Assistant Cook will need to be able to work independently, always keeping safety a top priority. The Assistant Cook will also take the lead and supervise Food Service Workers and volunteers when the Lead Cook is unavailable.
1. Carry out daily tasks and assist in food preparation as assigned by the Lead Cook.
2. Supervise Food Service Workers and volunteers.
3. Oversee all kitchen operations when the Lead Cook has a day off.
4. Track inventory and accept deliveries as needed.
5. Assist with menu planning and ordering.
6. Measure, cut, and assemble ingredients.
7. Store food properly and safely.
8. Set up the dining room, serve guests, clean, and tear down the dining room after meals.
9. Clean and sanitize the dining area, kitchen, and bathrooms in accordance with California Health Code Standards.
10. Participate in weekly Discovery Bible Study.
11. Assist staff, volunteers, and guests as needed.
PLEASE NOTE: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each of the essential duties satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Stand for prolonged amounts of time
* Walk, bend, twist, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, and crouch
* Push 100 pounds
* Lift and carry 75 pounds
* Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus
* Finger and hand dexterity to feel, handle, and operate objects, tools or controls, and to reach with hands and arms
* Must be able to read and follow standard recipes
* Must be able to hear and follow oral directions
* Must be able to give clear directions, orally and written
* Must be able to work cooperatively and safely
Required Education and Experience
* Experience in a professional kitchen
* Current and valid ServeSafe certification
* Collaboration skills
* Customer service/client focus
Preferred Education and Experience
* High school diploma or equivalent
* Current and valid CA Food Handler Card
* Supervisory experience
* This job operates in a professional kitchen, housed with equipment such as an oven, stove, dishwasher, slicer, steamer, mixer, and chef's knives
* The employee is frequently exposed to cold, heat, steam, fire, and noise
* Occasionally around wet, slippery floors or surfaces
* Occasionally around chemicals typically found in a professional kitchen
Additional Eligibility Qualifications for Cityteam Ministries
* Must have an intimate, personal relationship with Jesus Christ
* Must be active in a local Christian body of believers or at least pursuing community with other Christ-followers
* Must have compatible theology on major issues of Cityteam's Statement of Faith
* Must be committed to serving God and the body of Christ
Time: Part-Time Seasonal
Category: Food Services
Updated: 5/7/2018 7:27:36 PM