Search Page | Back to Results
Service Team Coord
Description: This position works closely within a team to fulfill the mission, vision, and commitments of HoneyRock and provides specific attention to the Service Team Program. This position is a primary Graduate Assistantship and will average 20 hours a week during the school year and 40 hours a week during the summer.
The student will receive a 25% discount on graduate school tuition as a member of CCCA.
1. Provide overall coordination of the Service Team Program including but not limited to program planning, scheduling service opportunities, coordinating activities
2. Recruit, interview, and hire staff; facilitate the leadership development of the team leaders and cabin leaders through staff training, continuous feedback, and mentoring/discipling relationships
3. Support HoneyRock’s school year retreat ministry by planning, coordinating, and facilitating various groups, including but not limited to: families, churches, college students, and high schoolers
4. Ensure daily program activities, bible studies, worship times, and all other events line up with the mission/vision of the program and HoneyRock
5. Ensure the physical and emotional safety of staff and campers; discipline staff and campers when necessary with the support of the direct supervisor
6. Maintain open and healthy lines of communication; communicate clear expectations with every internal department of HoneyRock and with external community partners to ensure the smooth integration of Service Team with other areas
7. Conduct program evaluations with campers/staff at the end of the summer; participate in the broader HoneyRock team in the summer review
8. Manage the Service Team budget
9. Engage as an active member in HoneyRock staff and program team by attending meetings, retreats and in-service training for the purpose of planning, information sharing, support, and personal, professional, and community development.
10. Perform other duties as requested.
• High level of organization and detail management
• Passion for high school service-oriented ministry
• Proven ability to lead a staff team
• Good communication skills
• Plan to enroll in the Wheaton College Graduate School, Outdoor and Adventure Leadership M.A.
Time: Part-Time Seasonal
Updated: 5/22/2018 7:42:06 AM
Moses Muhia Karianjahi