Search Page | Back to Results
Challenge Course Coordinator
Responsibilities: This position is responsible to the High School Adventure Ministries Manager and works closely within a team to fulfill the mission, vision, and commitments of HoneyRock and provides specific leadership to Challenge Course Program. This position is primary Graduate Assistantship and will average 20 hours a week during the school year and 40 hours a week during the summer.
The student will receive a 25% discount on graduate school tuition as a member of CCCA.
1. Coach, train, coordinate, and supervise facilitators of the challenge course and mobile initiative activities
a. Work with High School Adventure Ministries Manager to insure appropriate and ongoing training for facilitators
b. Observe and provide ongoing feedback for all course facilitators
c. Coordinate staffing and schedules for all internal and external group experiences
d. Hire, train, supervise, and invest in summer adventure challenge staff team (2-2. Insure excellent customer experience through:
a. Assess client needs and design program sequence to meet specified outcomes
b. Deliver a program that addresses customer expectations and goals
c. Insure a safe and appropriately challenging experience to participants
d. Facilitate quality reflection and learning dialogue of the activities and experiences
e. Evaluate program outcomes and sharing lessons learned with HoneyRock staff to improve overall programming
3. Manage adventure challenge equipment inventory
4. Assist Program Maintenance Supervisor with inspections and maintenance as appropriate.
5. Support HoneyRock’s school year retreat ministry by planning, coordinating, and facilitating various groups, including but not limited to: families, churches, college students, and high schoolers
6. Engage as an active member in HoneyRock staff and program team by attending meetings, retreats and in-service training for the purpose of planning, information sharing, support, and personal, professional, and community development
7. Perform other duties as requested
• Demonstrate proficiency of facilitation, customer service, group assessment and management skills as well as program design skills
• Complete ropes course instructor training program from a recognized provider; minimum 40 hours
• Complete annual instructor refresher program; minimum 8 hours
• Maintain status by facilitating a minimum of 50 hours per 12-month period
• Complete 8 hours continuing education in the area of experiential education, group facilitation or organizational development
• Plan to enroll in the Wheaton College Graduate School, Outdoor and Adventure Leadership M.A.
Time: Part-Time Seasonal
Updated: 5/22/2018 7:46:54 AM
Moses Muhia Karianjahi