Search Page | Back to Results
Description: This position works closely within a team to fulfill the mission, vision, and commitments of HoneyRock and provides specific attention to producing content for print, video, social, and/or web platforms. Lead the summer media team to capture the transformational experience of youth and young adults at HoneyRock. During the school year, work closely with Wheaton College Marketing Communications to stay ahead of and contribute to social media trends in the field of camp and higher education.
The student will receive a 25% discount on graduate school tuition as a member of CCCA.
1. Create feature photo/video for the website and social media
a. Meets with students, staff, faculty, and others to outline goals for photo/video projects; coordinates the schedule and plans for production, post-production, and delivery of the finished product
b. Prepares locations prior to shooting; conducts shoot; films interviews and events using camera equipment
c. Makes technical decisions regarding such elements as appropriate lighting, camera angles and audio equipment; receives explicit instructions regarding assignment
d. Develops a project plan, communicates with stakeholders, and produces a professional-looking product
e. Completes all rendering, compressing, and processing of files to ensure prompt delivery via Web
f. Edits and assembles final visual/audio program material; ensures consistency and relevancy to production; monitors technical quality of end product
2. Maintain archive and data back-up system
3. Maintain camera equipment and provides guidance for new equipment purchases
4. Lead and manage the Summer Photographer and Videographer to provide compelling photo/video content about student life for social media
5. Launch annual HoneyRock media contest; encourages participation and manages the event
6. Participate as a member of the photo and video pool to capture content as requested
7. Support HoneyRock’s school year retreat ministry by planning, coordinating, and facilitating various groups, including but not limited to: families, churches, college students, and high schoolers
8. Engage as an active member in HoneyRock staff and program team by attending meetings, retreats and in-service training for the purpose of planning, information sharing, support, and personal, professional, and community development
9. Perform other duties as requested
• Portfolio of relevant work featuring video projects and/or photo examples
• 1+ years experience with video production equipment, including lighting setups and various types of audio recording.
• 1+ years experience with non-linear video editing software, preferably Adobe Premiere and knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (After Effects, Photoshop, Lightroom, Illustrator)
• Prefer Professional Experience
• Plan to enroll in the Wheaton College Graduate School, Outdoor and Adventure Leadership M.A.
Time: Part-Time Seasonal
Category: Public Relations/Marketing
Updated: 5/22/2018 10:18:38 AM
Moses Muhia Karianjahi