Search Page | Back to Results
Director of Marketing
Are you a person who loves to look into the future and think of solutions that moves yourself and your organization forward? Do you love to be a hands-on leader, investing in the processes and people you manage? Do you love analyzing data and making quick decisions? We are seeking someone to be a dynamic leader, an independent thinker, and a problem solver. Do you have an innate competitive spirit that propels you and your team forward? Does the thought of creating proactive, competitive marketing strategies excite you? If so, our role of Director of Marketing might be a great fit for you!
After reading the full job description below, please go to this link to apply through our online application system: https://goo.gl/9mnqsf
To inspire Christ-like change through Outdoor Adventure, Authentic Relationships
and Biblical Truth
COMMUNITY AND LOCATION
This position is based in Glorieta, New Mexico, but will serve three camps in three different locations, which are Camp Eagle in Rocksprings, TX, Black Diamond Camps in Auburn, WA, and Glorieta Camps in Glorieta, NM. Glorieta is a beautiful mountainous escape, nestled in the foothills of the Southern Rockies. We are located about 20 minutes outside of Santa Fe, offering easy access to “city” life while living in a more secluded nature playground. We provide housing to our full-time staff, their families and to interns, thus offering a year-round community of approximately 120 people. Additionally, we are operational year-round, offering camps, retreats, adventures, conferences and so much more. Despite the various roles our employees hold, we all work together to serve our guests and to live out our Mission Statement.
Summary: While located in a scenic corner of God’s creation, we do pride ourselves on being “outward-focused” and interacting with customers from all over the United States. The Director of Marketing will be directly responsible for leading our media team, managing our brand strategy, and creating and leading our camps in an overall marketing strategy and plan. The Director of Marketing should be strategic, dynamic, and collaborative, with expertise in marketing and brand strategy. Must acquire and learn marketing methodology that works for camps in addition to understanding the Camp Eagle culture and values.
Title: Director of Marketing
Department: Shared Services
Reports To: Director of Finance and Administration
Job Purpose: To fulfill our mission of inspiring Christ-like change by overseeing, developing, and guiding the overall marketing strategy and plan for our camps, and managing our brand presence, in addition to leading and developing a team of designers to greater strengths in design, creativity, and branding. All of this is done with the overall purpose of getting people to camp, filling beds, and allowing them to experience life-change!
• Develop, design, and implement overall marketing strategy for all our organization in general, as well as all of our camps individually.
• Implement and help develop the overall brand strategy of our camps
• Continuously learn and understand the markets the camps are reaching.
• Organize and develop our customer relations and engagement programs
• Develop marketing plans and promotions, with the help of program directors, for every program at our camps and ensure that they are aligned with the overall marketing strategy and plan for the camps.
• Watch for trends in camp sales and customer feedback to educate staff in the best way to market with that data.
• Oversee the camps’ web pages and content
Lead + Manage
• Oversee the implementation of the marketing strategy, including campaigns, events, digital marketing, and PR.
• Directly responsible for developing and leading a team of designers and social media marketers including regular tactical review meetings, development meetings, and management.
• Act as creative director for the design team and ensure that designers are all aligned with our branding and creative style.
• Act as project manager for all design, social media, and marketing projects
• Work closely with the camps’ sales teams to give them tools and resources to meet their goals.
• Provide research and feedback on market trends for new programs or products that our camps would like to try.
• Educate and train our staff on marketing standards and trends.
Other Duties of ALL Glorieta Staff:
Glorieta and the Camp Eagle Family of Camps operate year-round. We have guests on the premises most days of the year. Serving guests according to our mission is our number one priority, and therefore ALL staff must participate in guest service in some capacity. Tasks may include: cooking, cleaning, facilitating group activities, running retail locations, being friendly and professional to all guests on property with each interaction, general maintenance of camp property, and work projects as needed. There are often groups here on weekends, and all staff members will be required to work certain weekends as needed.
Education, Abilities, Skills, Experience:
The “ideal” candidate will have or be:
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in marketing
• At least 3 years of management experience
• Extensive experience and understanding of marketing strategy in general, and specifically digital marketing
• A strong bias toward analytics and data
• Self-motivated and self-starting
• Excellent problem solving skills
• A strong ability to hire, develop, and lead team members
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills, and the ability to interface and communicate effectively with all levels of team members and guests
• Experience and expertise in digital marketing tools (I.E. Marketing Automation, Analytics tools, etc…)
• Knowledge of CRMs and specifically, SalesForce
• Comfortable and adaptive in a rapidly changing environment
• Organization and planning skills
• Ability to lead a team of various personalities and help them succeed
• Ability to present to and train staff members
• Ability to think creatively within project constraints
• Familiarity with the design side of marketing
• Confident, dynamic, positive, and driven
• Project management experience
Work Context: This job will be performed primarily on location at the Glorieta, New Mexico location.
Travel: Possible travel to trainings, conferences and other properties.
Physical Demands: Ability to lift heavy loads occasionally and physical mobility to move about the property and grounds.
Work Environment: This position is primarily office based.
Compensation: Salary, on-site housing, medical insurance, 401(k) retirement with employer match after one year, paid time off, family discount for camp programs. See HR and/or potential supervisor for details.
Job Contact: Send Resume, inquiries, or questions to Madalyn Lynxwiler // email@example.com. // 505.757.6161 x728
How to apply: Go to this url: https://campeagle.camp/careers/?gnk=job&gni=8a7883a861f94d830162309fffd02740&gns=CCCA%20Careers%20Page
Disclaimer: This Job Description is not a complete description of all that is necessary to do your job. All camp employees are expected to do what it takes to work as a team, even with other departments, to serve guests. This is not only an expectation, but a value that we hold to as an organization. We will help each other get the mission done!
Time: Full-Time Year Round
Category: Public Relations/Marketing
Updated: 9/19/2018 11:25:43 AM