Search Page | Back to Results
Middle School Adventure Day Camp Director
Middle School Adventure Camp Director Job Description
Reports to: Director of Summer Programs
1. Has received Jesus Christ as Savior.
2. Is committed to being a servant of God and demonstrates good Christian leadership and responsibility.
3. Must have graduated high school (preferably perusing or in possession of a degree in the youth ministry field or education).
4. Has a minimum of 2-3 years’ experience working in a summer camp setting (or equivalent experience elsewhere).
All Camp Staff are responsible for:
1. Providing campers with a safe, enriching and rewarding Christian camp experience.
2. Developing the spiritual life of campers through conducting themselves in a Christ like manor.
3. Striving to maintain unity in Christ with all staff members.
1. Attend all assigned orientations meetings and activities.
2. Being spiritually prepared for camp.
3. Being physically fit for the heavy demands of camp.
4. Prepare a pre-camp session outlining the value of and how the Middle School Adventure Camp operates on a daily basis.
5. Meet with the Director of Summer Programs for a pre-camp check in.
1. Arrive at camp no later than 8:00am and leaving no earlier than 4:15pm.
2. Attend and contributing to weekly leadership meetings.
3. Developing and carrying out all Middle School Adventure Camp devotional and prayer times.
4. Scheduling and ensuring the smooth implementation of all on camp days.
5. Providing superior supervision and organization of all Middle School Adventure Camp Field Trips.
6. Providing superior supervision and organization of all Middle School Adventure Camp Service Trips focusing on time to highlight the value of service to our campers.
7. Developing relationships with each camper, family and staff member with the purpose of creating a vibrant and exciting camp community.
8. Handling all camper discipline issues in accordance with the chain of command.
9. Working with the Director of Summer Programs to ensure adequate parental communication is being maintained.
10. Meeting with the Director of Summer Programs for a mid-summer evaluation.
1. Meeting with the Director of Summer Programs for end of summer evaluation.
Time: Full-Time Seasonal
Category: Assistant Director
Updated: 3/5/2020 9:47:55 AM