Search Page | Back to Results
Reports to: Program Director
Supervises: Summer Program Staff
Helps Oversee: All camp programs year round
“And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him.” Col. 3:17
Assist the Program Director in planning, maintaining, promoting, and directing Bible based, Christ centered programs for the youth groups and individuals who come to Black Lake Bible Camp’s program camps (Resident & Day Camps). Seek to maintain a Christian attitude and cooperative relationship with all members of the camp staff. Look to build relationships with parents and community members that we can partner with in ministry and or share the good news of Jesus with.
• Required to live on-grounds.
• Must be self-motivated, able to work with others, and flexible.
• Must be a strong leader, creative, and confident in front of a large crowd.
• Must have experience working with youth in a leadership role.
• Attend all weekly staff meetings.
• Expected to adhere to the Evangelical Free Church Statement of Faith.
• Be a active member of a local Christian church.
Detail of Responsibilities:
A. Camp Program
• Responsible to oversee and run the Day Camp program and all of facets.
• Responsible to help in scheduling, staffing and general oversight of all summer
• Responsible to help with equipment and facilities.
• Help plan programs, activities, Bible studies for resident and day camps.
• Seek ways to expand the ministry and plan program camps and retreats during
• Develop a comprehensive plan for camper follow-up including some form of
contact with the local churches and direct contact with campers who make
B. Program Personnel
• Assisting the Program Director with the recruitment, interviewing, training and
conduct of summer staff.
• See that all summer staff are trained in the areas of CPR, first aid, and general
• Assist in keeping adequate records and evaluation of all programs and program
• Help maintain a summer staff manual and our online staff training.
• Promote Black Lake to EFCA and other churches.
• Attend promotional gatherings and or conferences to promote camp.
D. Program Equipment
• Help keep current inventory and maintain program equipment.
• Instruct program staff and campers in the proper use of equipment.
E. Off-Season Programming
• Assist the Program Director in the creation and maintainance of off-season
programming for youth and adults.
• Winter youth camps (Jr High All Star & WinterPalooza)
• Women’s Retreat
• Men’s Conference
• Genesis Account/Outdoor education
• Outreach to the community
• Help host activities as needed with guest groups (rockwall, archery tag, archery,
Qualifications: Must have a heart for and experience in camp ministry programming. Experience in running a Day Camp a plus. Bachelor's Degree preferred.
This is a full time salaried position with housing included. Criminal Background Check Required.
If interested in the position please email a resume & cover letter to Greg Shaffer, firstname.lastname@example.org
Time: Full-Time Year Round
Updated: 2/17/2020 10:31:55 AM