Search Page | Back to Results
Camp Services Worker
Apply at mounthermon.org/jobs
A mature follower of Jesus, still growing and developing in their faith. Fully in accord with Mount Hermon Association, Inc.’s (“MHA”) mission, vision, values and statement of beliefs. Committed to living these out personally, and instilling them in the organization. Of strong moral character and integrity.
The Camp Services Worker is responsible for delivering adventure and recreation programs, accommodations services, dining services, and facilities services support while demonstrating excellent customer service by acting with a guest-first attitude in a manner consistent with MHA’s mission, vision and values.
Key Job Accountabilities:
• Ensure guest satisfaction and provide a memorable visit through provision of exceptional service (friendly, safe, efficient, thorough, ministry minded).
• Work well with co-workers, guests, and other MHA staff; displaying a team-oriented mindset and attitude.
• Co-lead multiple and varied adventure and recreation activities ensuring an engaging, informative and inspiring experience.
• Clean housing units and complete the daily room service forms.
• Prepare facilities for camps and conferences to serve the needs of our campers and guest groups.
• Clean facilities during events and camps as needed.
• Assist with periodic facilities services tasks, which may include carpet cleaning, window washing, pressure-washing walkways, hauling debris to dump, stocking firewood, etc.
• Follow all safety guidelines and report all maintenance, repair and safety hazards in writing to Supervisor to ensure completion of necessary repairs in a timely manner.
• Properly maintain all assigned tools, equipment and vehicles to ensure they are available to others as needed.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Minimum High School Diploma or GED; some college or equivalent combination of education and experience desired (must be at least age 18).
• Requires current First Aid/CPR/AED certifications.
• Previous experience in a customer service role preferred.
• Previous experience delivering curriculum or content to diverse populations desired.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Ability and desire to work within a positive team setting with diverse people.
• Absolute attention to detail and safety.
• Ability to maintain a calm demeanor during periods of high volume or unusual events to maintain operating standards as well as to set a positive example for the guests and the team.
• Good interpersonal and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to be sensitive, adaptable, professional, and articulate when dealing with guests and coworkers.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job as described in the Key Job Accountabilities:
• The physical environment requires the employee to work both inside and outside in heat/cold, wet/humid, and dry/arid conditions.
• Requires sitting, standing, squatting, stooping, twisting, and the ability to lift/carry 40+ lbs.
• Requires the ability to work in a physically strenuous environment.
• Ability to walk and be on your feet for up to 8 hours per day.
• Must be comfortable at heights exceeding 80 feet.
• Ability and willingness to work all major holidays and weekends with the exception of Christmas.
• Ability to produce documentation of a current valid driver’s license and a clean DMV record.
• Adherence to the basic principles as expressed in MHA’s Mission, Vision, Values and Commitment statements.
• Adherence to company dress code and professional standards for personal grooming and appearance.
• Satisfactory completion of background investigation, or valid work permit, as well as ability to provide proof of eligibility to work in the United States.
Time: Part-Time Year Round
Category: Guest Services
Updated: 11/7/2017 5:32:39 PM