Search Page | Back to Results
Position: Worship Coordinator/Counselor
Duration: 5 weeks (July 1- August 5)
Reports to: Camp Directors
• Genuine faith in Jesus Christ, seeking to follow him daily.
• A servant heart, enthusiastic attitude and desire to work with children and teens.
• Positive references from 3 referees. One reference must be a written reference.
• Pass Massachusetts and home state CORI and SORI background checks.
• Experience as a camp counselor or working with children/youth preferable.
• 4 weeks experience in supervisory capacity with children.
• Ability to play an instrument and lead worship alone.
• Ability to play in a worship team.
• Ability to create worship set lists, lead children in worship using interactive videos, engage with young people through worship.
Role and Responsibilities:
Roles and responsibilities vary week-to-week based on the needs and camp schedule. All intern positions include working with campers and guests, planning and implementing summer camp program, participation in activities, cleaning and kitchen help on occasion. Camp days are long, but rewarding; work weeks are usually 6 days per week. Working at a camp requires flexibility, problem solving and the willingness to contribute in a variety of ways to create a successful camp experience.
• Complete Orientation with Camp Directors July 1-7
• Attend daily counselor meetings
• Assist THCC directors and staff to plan, organize and implement summer camping program.
• Train and coach younger staff to become better counselors
• Be an active and involved counselor for children and teens during THCC’s summer camps.
o Spiritual leadership for campers
o Small group discussion facilitation
o Sleep in cabin with campers for supervision
o Active engagement during all meal, activity and session times
• Weekly additional duties such as:
o Running games and activities
o Facilitating spiritual discussions or stations for campers to engage on a deeper level with God
• Organize and lead worship for 4 weeks of summer camp programming. Worship will involve a mixture of multimedia (such as worship videos for Kids Camp), a cappella or acoustic worship at the campfire and worship as a small band.
• The worship coordinator will be responsible for selecting songs and creating set lists in keeping with the theme and relevant spiritual content, and needs of campers.
• Other duties as required by the Camp Director.
• Stipend of $220 per week ($1,100 for 5 weeks)
• Accommodation and utilities provided.
• All meals and snacks provided
Apply at www.timothyhill.org/summerinterns
Time: Full-Time Seasonal
Category: Support Staff / Intern
Updated: 10/10/2017 12:05:28 PM