Search Page | Back to Results
Position: Program/Fun Coordinator
Duration: 5 weeks (July 1 - August 5)
Reports to: Camp Directors
• Genuine faith in Jesus Christ, seeking to follow him daily.
• A servant heart, enthusiastic attitude and desire to work with children and teens.
• Energy and enthusiasm; experience speaking in front of groups
• High level of organization
• Positive references from 3+ referees. One reference must be a written reference.
• Pass Massachusetts and home state CORI and SORI background checks
• 4 weeks experience in supervisory capacity with children.
Role and Responsibilities:
Roles and responsibilities vary week-to-week based on the needs and camp schedule. All intern positions include working with campers and guests, implementing summer camp program, participation in activities, cleaning and kitchen help on occasion. Camp days are long, but rewarding; work weeks are usually 6 days per week. Working at a camp requires flexibility, problem solving and the willingness to contribute in a variety of ways to create a successful camp experience.
• Complete Orientation with Camp Directors July 1-7
• Attend daily meetings
• Act as main MC for the camp schedule: keep schedule moving on time, make announcements, discuss schedule changes, conduct camper head counts, etc.
• Bring energy and enthusiasm to all areas of camp. We are looking for an applicant who can be “Captain Fun” and provide the right vibe when announcing games, meals and activities.
• Work directly under Camp Directors to ensure camp runs smoothly and effectively.
• Assist THCC director and staff to plan, organize and implement summer camping program.
• Oversee and coordinate all activities and games to ensure high quality; announce games/rules for all activities.
• Oversee set up, clean up and correct storage of game/activity supplies.
• Attend daily meetings
• Facilitate “cleanest cabins” check daily.
• Meal prep and dishes help as needed.
• This position will not have a counselor role (unless specifically desired) but will be expected to engage with children and teens in a positive way, have active engagement in all meals and activities, and be a positive role model for campers.
• Other duties as required by the Camp Director.
• Stipend of $220 per week ($1,100 for 5 weeks)
• Accommodation and utilities provided.
• All meals and snacks provided
Apply at www.timothyhill.org/summerinterns
Time: Full-Time Seasonal
Category: Support Staff / Intern
Updated: 10/10/2017 12:04:39 PM