Search Page | Back to Results
Position: Medical Coordinator and Counselor
Duration: 7 weeks (July 1 - August 19)
Reports to: Camp Directors
• Genuine faith in Jesus Christ, seeking to follow him daily.
• A servant heart, enthusiastic attitude and desire to work with children and teens.
• Ability to work well in a team
• Positive references from 3+ referees. One reference must be a written reference.
• Pass Massachusetts and home state CORI and SORI background checks.
• 4 weeks experience in supervisory capacity with children.
• Minimum requirement of Red Cross CPR/First Aid Certificate or equivalent. Higher qualification (EMT, RN etc.) preferable.
Role and Responsibilities:
Roles and responsibilities vary week-to-week based on the needs and camp schedule. All intern positions include working with campers and guests, implementing summer camp program, participation in activities, cleaning and kitchen help. Camp days are long, but rewarding; work weeks are usually 6 days per week. Working at a camp requires flexibility, problem solving and the willingness to contribute in a variety of ways to create a successful camp experience.
• Complete Orientation with Camp Directors July 1-7
• Attend daily meetings
• Assist THCC directors and staff to plan, organize and implement summer camping program.
• Be an active and involved counselor for children and teens during THCC’s summer camps.
o Spiritual leadership for campers
o Small group discussion facilitation
o Sleep in cabin with campers for supervision
o Active engagement during all meal, activity and session times
• On duty Medical Supervisor 24/7
o Distribute prescription medication in line with doctors’ orders
o Attend to all first aid needs for campers and staff.
o Organize and maintain documentation regarding all medications, allergies, dietary concerns and any other health treatment for campers and staff, as needed.
o Liaise with Health Care Coordinator (Paediatrician) as needed. Accompany campers to the doctor or hospital if needed.
• Other duties as required by the Camp Director.
• Stipend of $220 per week ($1,540 for 7 weeks)
• Accommodation and utilities provided.
• All meals and snacks provided
Apply at www.timothyhill.org/summerinterns
Time: Full-Time Seasonal
Category: Support Staff / Intern
Updated: 10/10/2017 12:03:46 PM