Search Page | Back to Results
Position: Lifeguard and Counselor
Duration: 7 weeks (July 1 - August 19)
Reports to: Camp Directors
• Genuine faith in Jesus Christ, seeking to follow him daily.
• A servant heart, enthusiastic attitude and desire to work with children and teens.
• Red Cross CPR/First Aid Certificate or equivalent.
• Red Cross Lifeguard Certificate, or ability to obtain
• Positive references from 3+ referees. One reference must be a written reference.
• Pass Massachusetts and home state CORI and SORI background checks.
• 4 weeks experience in supervisory capacity with children, preferable.
• Lifeguard experience, preferable.
Role and Responsibilities:
Roles and responsibilities vary week-to-week based on the needs and camp schedule. All intern positions include working with campers and guests, implementing summer camp program, participation in activities, cleaning and kitchen help. Camp days are long, but rewarding; work weeks are usually 6 days per week. Working at a camp requires flexibility, problem solving and the willingness to contribute in a variety of ways to create a successful camp experience.
• Complete Orientation with Camp Directors
• Attend daily meetings
• Assist THCC director and staff to plan, organize and implement summer camping program.
• Be an active and involved counselor for children and teens during THCC’s summer camps.
o Spiritual leadership for campers
o Small group discussion facilitation
o Sleep in cabin with campers for supervision
o Active engagement during all meal, activity and session times
• On duty lifeguard for approximately 4 hours per day (hours may vary as needed) working in partnership with 1-2 lifeguards.
• Follow direction of Aquatics Director, and comply with all regulations set out by the Massachusetts Department of Public Health whilst lifeguarding. (Training on this to be provided). Those with ample organizational and lifeguard experience are encouraged to apply to be the aquatics director.
• Other duties as required by the Camp Director.
• Stipend of $220 per week ($1,540 for 7 weeks)
• Accommodation and utilities provided.
• All meals and snacks provided
Apply at www.timothyhill.org/summerinterns
Time: Full-Time Seasonal
Category: Support Staff / Intern
Updated: 10/10/2017 12:01:55 PM