Search Page | Back to Results
Position: Horse Wrangler and Counselor
Duration: 7 weeks (July 1 - August 19)
Reports to: Camp Directors
• Genuine faith in Jesus Christ, seeking to follow him daily.
• A servant heart, enthusiastic attitude and desire to work with children and teens.
• Minimum requirement of Red Cross CPR/First Aid Certificate or equivalent.
• Positive references from 3+ referees. One reference must be a written reference.
• Pass Massachusetts and home state CORI and SORI background checks.
• 4 weeks experience in supervisory capacity with children.
• Experience and high level of comfort with horses. Experience facilitating children riding and interacting with horses, preferred.
Role and Responsibilities:
Roles and responsibilities vary week-to-week based on the needs and camp schedule. All intern positions include working with campers and guests, implementing summer camp program, participation in activities, cleaning and kitchen help. Camp days are long, but rewarding; work weeks are usually 6 days per week. Working at a camp requires flexibility, problem solving and the willingness to contribute in a variety of ways to create a successful camp experience.
• Complete Orientation with Camp Directors July 1-7
• Attend daily counselor meetings
• Assist THCC director and staff to plan, organize and implement summer camping program.
• Be an active and involved counselor for children and teens during THCC’s summer camps.
o Spiritual leadership for campers
o Small group discussion facilitation
o Sleep in cabin with campers for supervision
o Active engagement during all meal, activity and session times
• Supervise campers riding, feeding and grooming horses for approximately 2-4 hours per day (hours vary depending on daily schedule).
• Assume primary care for horses on daily basis – groom, feed, muck coral, etc.
• Assist Riding Instructor during riding times and prepare for riding times by catching and saddling all horses.
• Other duties as required by the Camp Director.
• Stipend of $220 per week ($1,540 for 7 weeks)
• Accommodation and utilities provided.
• All meals and snacks provided
Apply at www.timothyhill.org/summerinterns
Time: Full-Time Seasonal
Category: Support Staff / Intern
Updated: 10/10/2017 12:00:42 PM