Search Page | Back to Results
Director of IT (Applications Manager)
Are you a person who loves to look into the future and think of solutions that moves yourself and your organization forward? Do you love to be a hands-on leader, investing in the processes and people you manage? Do you love analyzing data and making quick decisions? Do you consider yourself someone who can creatively come with solutions to problems? Do you have an innate competitive spirit that propels you and your team forward? If so, our role of IT Director might be a great fit for you!
After viewing the job description, please click this link to apply through our online application system: https://campeagle.camp/careers/?gnk=job&gni=8a7883d0605319730160576f00137a93&gns=CCCA%20Careers%20Page
The Camp Eagle Family of Camps is looking for our next IT Director to lead our IT team and to ensure ongoing and outstanding IT operations, solutions, and support. We are looking for someone with a strong work ethic, faith in Christ, and a desire to live and work in a close community. We are operational year-round and offer a fantastic work opportunity and environment for the right person; one who shares our passion for our Mission Statement. Please thoughtfully consider each part of our Mission Statement, job description, and community before applying. We encourage you to visit our website at glorieta.org.
To inspire Christ-like change through Outdoor Adventure, Authentic Relationships
and Biblical Truth
Glorieta is a beautiful mountainous escape, nestled in the foothills of the Southern Rockies. We are located about 20 minutes outside of Santa Fe, offering easy access to “city” life while living in a more secluded nature playground. We provide housing to our full-time staff, their families and to interns, thus offering a year-round community of approximately 120 people. Additionally, we are operational year-round, offering camps, retreats, adventures, conferences and so much more. Despite the various roles our employees hold, we all purpose to work together to serve our guests and to live out our Mission Statement.
Summary: While located in a scenic corner of God’s creation, we do pride ourselves on leading-edge IT and associated support. The IT Director shall lead a gifted team of IT professionals, providing engagement and facilitation from design to application implementation. The IT Director should be strategic and collaborative, with expertise in software application and development. Must acquire and retain comprehensive knowledge of Glorieta’s systems as well as an understanding of current trends in software development.
Title: IT Director
Department: Shared Services
Reports To: Director of Finance and Administration
Job Purpose: To fulfill our mission of inspiring Christ-like change by providing leadership in IT systems and process and most importantly to a team of IT professionals as the work to fulfill our mission through providing systems, solutions, and IT programs for customers and staff.
• Lead a team of programmers, developers and IT professionals as they support the mission of the organization through hardware and software solutions
• Take responsibility for team’s development through regular tactical reviews, ad hoc consultations and facilitating or helping find sources of trainings adequate to achieve development of IT team
• Taking responsibility for the leadership of the Agile Scrum process as a scrum master and ensuring team’s productivity through mentoring, counseling and holding team members accountable for achieving development goals
• Oversee and manage IT infrastructure for the entire property, including servers, cabling, internet, security systems, telephone systems and fire alarm systems
• Work to move organization away from dependence on outside contractors and consultants through learning and leading the team to learn in areas where the team lacks competence
• Promote good stewardship in IT through using existing resources (equipment, knowledge and manpower) before looking to outside resources and through finding efficient and cost-effective solutions
• Lead IT team to provide timely support to staff and customers, including trouble shooting, and obtaining and setting up computers and access to systems for staff
• Ensure a secure and stable network environment
• Coordinating with Agile Product owner and department heads and staff to develop programs and software to help their department functions
• Oversee the use of Salesforce and help train, implement, and promote proper use among departments
• Develop innovative solutions to increase productivity, profitability and/or ministry outcome
• Act as a liaison between the needs of the staff and the IT department
• Manage the IT budget
• Regularly discuss and inform the Director of Finance and Administration of team and personal progress on projects, and relay developments and information necessary for the effective management of the team
• Research and implement new technology tools to better the mission or goals of the organization
• Develop goals and benchmarks for your department
• Oversee multiple projects at one time and deliver results
• Help direct and plan the schedules of the IT team
• Holds regular meetings with the IT team to manage projects and deadlines
Other Duties of ALL Glorieta Staff:
Glorieta operates year-round. We have guests on the premises most days of the year. Serving guests according to our mission is our number one priority, and therefore ALL staff must participate in guest service in some capacity. Tasks may include: cooking, cleaning, facilitating group activities, running retail locations, being friendly and professional to all guests on property with each interaction, general maintenance of camp property, and work projects as needed. There are often groups here on weekends, and all staff members will be required to work certain weekends as needed.
Education, Abilities, Skills, Experience:
The “ideal” candidate will have or be:
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in computer science, technology, or related field
• At least 5 years of management experience
• Very self-motivated and self-starting
• Excellent problem solving skills
• A strong ability to hire, develop, and lead team members
• Ability to think strategically about projects while also getting them done in a timely manner
• Ability to communicate well with team members, staff, and guests
• Possesses teambuilding skills and collaborating skills
• Knowledge of both Apple and PC products
• Thorough knowledge of SalesForce
• Strong knowledge of application/network security principles
• Strong ability and understanding of network protocols and troubleshooting skills
• Comfortable and adaptive in a rapidly changing environment
• Possesses organization and planning skills
• Ability to lead a team of various personalities and help them succeed
• Ability to present to and train staff members
• Understanding of cloud based functions
Work Context: This job will be performed primarily on location at the Glorieta, New Mexico location.
Travel: Possible infrequent travel to trainings, conferences and other properties.
Physical Demands: Ability to lift heavy loads occasionally and physical mobility to move about the property and grounds.
Work Environment: This position is primarily office based.
Compensation: Salary, on-site housing, medical insurance, 401(k) retirement with employer match after one year, paid time off, family discount for camp programs. See HR and/or potential supervisor for details.
Job Contact: Send Resume to Madalyn Lynxwiler email@example.com. 505.757.6161
Disclaimer: This Job Description is not a complete description of all that is necessary to do your job. All camp employees are expected to do what it takes to work as a team, even with other departments, to serve guests. This is not only an expectation but a value that we hold to as an organization. We will help each other get the mission done!
Time: Full-Time Year Round
Updated: 4/25/2018 12:22:25 PM