Search Page | Back to Results
Girl's Village Coordinator
1. Involvement in the total camp programs with additional responsibility to help in all areas as needed, including areas such as water activities, dining room, campfire programs, canteen, children with behavior problems, dispensary, etc.
2. Attend and participate in staff meetings.
3. Promote observance of the spiritual emphasis programs and the moral and ethical code
affecting campers and staff.
4. Responsible for sharing with the Summer Camp Director and Program Director all matters of mutual concern relating to the total welfare of the camp.
5. Responsible to observe set curfew.
Your responsibilities will also include, but not be limited to the following:
1. Overall supervision of counselors and junior counselors. This is to include scheduling,
cabin coverage, conflict resolution, in-service training, and encouraging. Communicate daily with
Program Director about any issues related to the counselors.
2. Serve as Counselor as needed and directed by the Summer Camp Director.
(see Counselor Job description)
3. Share responsibility with Program Director for night watch duty.
4. Assume responsibility for overseeing the scheduling of time-off for all counselor staff as well as off days supervision (rotation)
5. Secure needed supplies for cabin projects, provide support and oversight of cabin projects.
6. Provide oversight of bedtime routine: oversee and assist in nightly devotions and getting children settled for the evening.
7. Assist with staff devotions as requested.
8. Assist with set-up for meetings as needed.
9. Ensure that Counselors have completed and turned in all necessary reports on time.
10. Assist in leading prayer time around the flag pole for counseling staff.
11. Coordinate evening programs as assigned by the Program Director.
12. Provide input to Program Director for evaluations of Counselors under your supervision at the end of the second and fourth sessions. Ensure that all Counselors have done their camper reports for their campers.
13. Share responsibility for routine chores between camping sessions.
14. Responsible for conducting cabin inspections in working with Activities Director or Assistant Summer Camp Director as requested.
15. Help plan and conduct staff meetings.
16. Write a brief at the end of the session to include areas of concern to be addressed for next
17. Schedule a mealtime rotation for Counseling staff to have a free meal once per week. Utilize other program staff and provide the schedule to Program Director for approval by the Thursday before the next camp session.
18. Other duties as assigned by the Summer Program Director or Program Director.
Time: Full-Time Seasonal
Updated: 2/13/2020 10:08:58 AM