Search Page | Back to Results
Food Services Worker
FOOD SERVICE WORKER
Job Title: Seasonal Food Service Worker
Area/Location: Camp MayMac, Felton, CA
Reports to: Lead Cook
Date Submitted for Revision: 2.28.17
Job Description Approved: 3.9.17
Classification: Support Staff/Part-Time, Non-Exempt
Salary: Range starts at $10.50 hour/DOE
The Camp MayMac Food Service Worker is responsible for carrying out daily food service tasks before, during, and after service. In addition, the Food Service Worker will help with all areas of hospitality, as needed. The Food Service Worker will assist the Lead and Assistant Cooks as directed in an often unpredictable and stressful environment. In addition to working cooperatively with others, the Food Service Worker will need to be able to work independently, always keeping safety a top priority. The Food Service Worker will participate in a weekly Discovery Bible Study.
Cityteam is currently looking for 3-4 Food Service Workers to help us this summer. These are temporary, seasonal positions with the anticipated dates of employment from June-August.
1. Carry out daily tasks and assist in food preparation as assigned by the Assistant or Lead Cooks.
2. Measure, cut, and assemble ingredients.
3. Store food properly and safely.
4. Set up the dining room, serve guests, clean, and tear down the dining room after meals.
5. Clean and sanitize the dining area, kitchen, and bathrooms in accordance with California Health Code Standards.
6. Participate in weekly Discovery Bible Study.
7. Assist staff, volunteers, and guests as needed.
PLEASE NOTE: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each of the essential duties satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Stand and sit for prolonged amounts of time
• Walk, bend, twist, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, and crouch
• Push 100 pounds
• Lift and carry 75 pounds
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus
• Finger and hand dexterity to feel, handle, and operate objects, tools or controls, and to reach with hands and arms
• Must be able to read and follow standard recipes
• Must be able to hear and follow oral directions
• Must be able to work cooperatively and safely
Required Education and Experience
• Collaboration skills
• Customer service/client focus
Preferred Education and Experience
• High school diploma or equivalent
• Experience in a professional kitchen
• ServeSafe certification
• This job operates in a professional kitchen, housed with equipment such as an oven, stove, dishwasher, slicer, steamer, mixer, and chef’s knives
• The employee is frequently exposed to cold, heat, steam, fire, and noise
• Occasionally around wet, slippery floors or surfaces
• Occasionally around chemicals
Additional Eligibility Qualifications for Cityteam Ministries
• Must have an intimate, personal relationship with Jesus Christ
• Must be active in a local Christian body of believers or at least pursuing community with other Christ-followers
• Must have compatible theology on major issues of Cityteam's Statement of Faith
• Must be committed to serving God and the body of Christ
Time: Part-Time Seasonal
Category: Food Services
Updated: 7/27/2018 11:44:48 AM
408 232 5600