Search Page | Back to Results
Wilderness Cabin Leader
This is a summer position that runs June 13 - August 6, 2022.
As Cabin Leader at Wilderness, you will have the opportunity to influence teens to follow Jesus, teach them how to appreciate the outdoors, and build lasting relationships with fellow staff. You will work with the Wilderness Director and Head Cabin Leaders to lead campers in a variety of activities both spiritual and physical. You should be able to take the lead in many different outdoor activities including biking, hiking, basic ropes course and a trip to the beach among others. Requires a willingness to learn and teach.
You will also actively participate in the creation of programming for campfires, chapels, electives, camp wide games etc. Should be able to speak in front of a group as you will also have the opportunity to lead devotions for staff and campers at campfires, chapels and small groups.
Full Job Description below.
Assist in the direction, supervision, and organization of campers in their cabin, within activities and throughout the camp in order to meet the intended camper outcomes.
• Apply basic youth development principles in working with campers through communication, relationship development, respect for diversity, and involvement in the camp program.
• Assure your campers are properly supervised at all times.
• Maintain high standards of health and safety in all activities for campers and staff.
• Provide the daily care of each camper within your supervision including recognition of personal health
• Ensure that campers receive their medications as directed by health care staff.
• Be alert to campers and staff needs and assist them with personal and/or health problems, and discuss
with camp health staff when appropriate.
• Be alert to equipment and facilities to ensure proper and safe utilization and maintenance. Report
repairs needed promptly to program director.
• Be a role model to campers and staff in your attitude and behavior.
• Follow and uphold all safety and security rules and procedures.
• Set a good example to campers and others in regard to general camp procedures and practices including
sanitation, schedule, and sportsmanship.
• Contribute to verbal and written evaluations and communication as requested.
• Participate enthusiastically in all camp activities, planning, and leading those as assigned.
• Participate as a member of the camp staff team to deliver and supervise evening programs, special
events, overnights, and other all-camp activities and camp functions.
• Stimulate enthusiasm in your campers during inspections, contests, and other camp activities.
• Set an example in being prompt to cabin activities and use of proper manners, language, etc.
• Properly maintain the cabin you are assigned to.
• Prepare and present daily cabin devotions. Your goal should be to be a good Christian role model
during the summer and share your Christian faith to campers with an open mind that some may come
from different religious backgrounds and might have different beliefs.
• Develop and implement exciting and meaningful cabin activities and campfire skits.
• Observe daily schedule and curfew hours.
• Complete weekly statistic and evaluation forms.
• Work the occasional Monday-Saturday week to accommodate a longer work week.
Time: Full-Time Seasonal
Updated: 11/18/2021 6:03:13 PM