Search Page | Back to Results
This is a summer position that begins June 13, 2022 and ends August 6, 2022. You can apply today on our website at www.campdaley.org/work-at-camp
As Crew Chief, you will work directly with our Property Supervisor to carry out the day to day duties that are essential to the operation of camp. You will also have the opportunity to guide and mentor younger maintenance staff that come under your supervision. Come and spend your summer making a difference in the lives of campers and staff in beautiful Malibu, California.
Full Job Description below:
Under the direction of the Operations Director and supervising the Maintenance Crew, assist in the maintenance and repair of the camp’s buildings, grounds, equipment and other facilities consistent with the mission and established policies and procedures of the camp.
Attend and actively participate in Staff Orientation.
• Keep necessary records regarding progress of projects.
• Assist in inventory and maintenance of maintenance supplies.
• Work with Program Staff to coordinate maintenance work with program activities.
• Daily check maintenance request forms and follow thru with those needs in a practical and reasonable
• Be available for maintenance staff mentoring and counseling.
• Help maintenance staff understand the process of camp living and camp routine.
• Be responsible for general cleanliness and inspection of maintenance living quarters.
• Supervise, direct, and assist the Maintenance Crew in cleaning and maintenance needs, including but not
limited to the following:
?Trash Runs, Clean and Set-up rooms, Move furniture & sound equipment. ?Mop Floors, Clean bathrooms, unclog Toilets
?Build Campfires, clean campfire pit, cut and stack Firewood.
• Operate some equipment such as mower and wood splitter, in safe and efficient manner.
• Be aware and make necessary changes to hazards found on camp grounds.
• Assist in some minor repairs of buildings, facilities, and equipment.
• Perform all duties in accordance with camp policy and procedures, risk management guidelines, and
American Camp Association accreditation standards.
• Assist with emergencies as needed and with weekly emergency drills.
• Prepare and present devotions with your maintenance crew on a regular basis. Your goal should be to be
a good Christian role model during the summer and share your Christian faith to your crew with an open
mind that some may come from different religious backgrounds and might have different beliefs.
• Assist with and be involved with the supervision of campers at chapels
• Assist with and be involved with the supervision of campers at during Sunday Services
• Assist cabin leaders in the supervision of campers and participate/lead nightly cabin devotions.
• Assist with and be involved with the supervision of campers at during campfires
• When time permits, away from main responsibilities, be involved with cabin buddy assignment to assist
with camper activities.
Prior camp and/or leadership experience is preferred, but not required.
Time: Part-Time Seasonal
Updated: 11/18/2021 3:52:26 PM