Search Page | Back to Results
Skyview Ranch is a dynamic Christian Camp and Retreat Center that sits on 175 rolling acres in the heart of Ohio Amish Country. Skyview is a working ranch that offers a full line of camp related activities including high ropes, paintball, marksmanship, assorted water activities in our state-of-the-art pool and spring-fed lake, as well as caring for 30+ horses for riding. The camp continues to have strong summer attendance and to be innovative in its camp and retreat offerings. The camp is staffed by 7 year-round salaried positions plus a strong apprentice program. It has a good summer staff retention with many returning for 3-4 years, a solid volunteer core, consistent donor base and an excellent rapport with a large constituency of churches, individuals and the community, enabling the camp to have a rich spiritual history and a solid financial status.
POSITION TITLE: Maintenance Director
POSITION REPORTS TO: Assistant Director
POSITIONS THAT REPORT TO THIS POSITION: Summer Maintenance Crew
EMPLOYEE DESIGNATION: Staff
FLSA STATUS: Exempt, Full-Time
SKYVIEW RANCH DOCTRINAL POSITION:
All job applicants should be aware that Skyview Ranch is a private religious employer which holds specific doctrinal positions. All employees of SVR must be in full agreement with the doctrinal positions of SVR and agree to live by workplace lifestyle standards. SVR reserves the right to refuse or discontinue employment to any individual who does not agree with the doctrinal positions of SVR, or abide by the Employee Contract/Offer Letter, Employee Policy Guide, and Camp Covenant.
POSITION SUMMARY DESCRIPTION:
The Maintenance Director is responsible for all buildings/housing (facilities) at SVR.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE POSITION:
1. Pool Maintenance
- Responsible for “opening” and “closing”
- Regular maintenance
- Order pool supplies
- Complete yearly water samples/tests
- Manage seasonal schedule pick-ups
- Monitor usage
3. Facilities (includes Buildings and Staff Housing)
- Function as the lead contractor or lead labor for all building projects
- Create a weekly facilities inspection rotation
- Complete weekly facilities inspections (inside & out)
- Enter facility work orders into the WO System
- Manage facility upkeep
- “On call” for all facility related issues
- Attend all Building Committee meetings
- Function as the lead contractor or lead labor for all assigned projects
- Establish and recruit volunteers or workgroups needed for maintenance related projects – volunteer li
- Oversee, coordinate, and work with volunteers/workgroups to complete assigned projects
- Establish a tool/equipment policy
- Train individuals requiring tools/equipment to complete assigned tasks (Power tools, Saws, Age limit)
- Assist with identifying projects that need to be completed
- Ensure projects/tasks are entered and tracked in the WO System
5. SVR Vehicles
- Responsible for all SVR vehicles
- Ensure regular maintenance and repairs are completed on all vehicles
- Fix/repair vehicles as needed or coordinate with local shops for completion
- Ensure the safety of anyone using vehicles around camp (sitting vs. standing in truck beds)
- Create, Maintain, and implement policies and procedures for vehicle use
- Responsible for vehicle tags and registration
6. Summer Camp
- Interview and make assigned summer staff recommendations for hire
- Train and supervise summer maintenance crew (Safety, Policies & Procedures, Vehicle & Maintenance Logs, WO System)
7. Work Order System
- Create work orders
- Assign work orders when necessary
- Monitor work order progress
- Complete assigned works orders/tasks on time
- Input needed information in the WO System
8. Create, review, update, and communicate an SVR vehicle policy
9. Stepping in, as needed, to assist any staff member in accomplishing weekly priorities
10. Serve as a back-up to the Property Director and Ranch Manager (in order)
11. Manage assigned budget areas
12. Other duties as assigned by the Assistant Director
1. Minimum of 5 years of experience in Camping Ministry with an emphasis in the Maintenance, Properties, and Ranch (Horses) areas.
2. Above average vehicle maintenance and repair experience.
3. Above average communication skills – both written and verbal.
4. Excellent time management skills.
5. AED, First Aid, CPR certification required.
6. Able to work with limited supervision.
7. Must possess a valid Ohio driver license.
GENERAL PROFESSIONAL EXPECTATIONS:
1. Agreement with the Doctrinal Statement, Employee Contract/Offer Letter, Employee Policy Guide, and the Camp Covenant of SVR.
REQUIRED MENTAL/PHYSICAL ABILITIES:
1. Work requires the application of a variety of procedures, policies, and/or precedents. Applications may be direct or gained from interpretation of technical data.
2. Analytic ability is needed to gather and interpret data and adapt standard methods to fit variations in existing conditions.
3. Regular physical effort; requires lifting, carrying or otherwise moving of objects up to a minimum of 75 pounds and regular movement of lighter objects of up to 20 pounds. Also requires the ability to walk or stand on various surfaces both indoors and outdoors for long periods of time.
4. The ability to operate motor vehicles – including farm equipment.
5. Reaching, pushing, pulling, fingering, grasping, feeling, hearing, crouching, stooping, kneeling.
1. Routine discomforts such as moderate heat, cold, moisture/wetness, or noise.
2. Routine exposure to light chemical substances and occasional exposure to hazardous conditions related to farming/ranching
If you are interested please contact Brent Knoll at email@example.com
Time: Full-Time Year Round
Updated: 3/14/2017 12:49:55 PM