Search Page | Back to Results
Guest Services & Admin Manager
The Guest Services & Administration Manager leads the retreat ministry of Cedar Canyon Camp (CCC) by providing guests with an excellent experience at CCC consistent with the purpose statement and values of CCC. They will do this by marketing the facilities, attracting guest groups, and ensuring guests have an exceptionally positive experience. They also manage our office system providing efficiency, organization, and oversight in areas of reception, bookkeeping, HR, and other office related areas.
Reports to: Camp Director
Status: Full Time Salary
To be successful in this position, the following characteristics are necessary:
1. PASSION- Loving God, Loving others by serving both
a. Strong commitment to the Christian faith as evidenced through involvement in a local church and a life lived out faithfully.
b. Be in agreement with the Cedar Canyon Camp statement of faith and policies.
c. Have a working knowledge of how a Christian camp functions.
d. Possess the ability to work well with others.
e. The successful candidate will give evidence of an ability to engage and interact positively and be an ambassador for CCC’s ministry through Guest Relations and Admin needs.
f. Abilities to be successful in a “serve anywhere” work environment as needed be it your primary duties or washing dishes, setting up meeting rooms, cooking, cleaning, or any other necessary duties to create the best possible experience for our guests.
a. Demonstrated ability to take initiative and make decisions based on CCC values and overall guest experience.
b. See the need, fill the need: be hospitable to all guests, ensuring that they experience “others oriented service” at all times
c. Excellent oral and written skills that give evidence of the ability to create and implement a strategic plan for both our Guest Services and Admin areas and prioritized use of time to accomplish objectives.
a. Be a detail person, well organized, and highly motivated.
b. Enjoy organization and details, seeing them as necessary to effective ministry
c. Have a working knowledge of computer accounting programs or the ability to be trained.
Specific Responsibilities and Duties(Guest Services):
All training for specific responsibilities are provided, a willingness to learn is required.
1. Work to provide our guests with the best possible experience for each group based on their needs and group goals and utilizing camp to its maximum potential.
2. Be the liaison to groups, identifying group goals and finding ways to accomplish them through CCC, writing contracts for groups, identifying group needs and communicating those to appropriate staff. Overall, serving our guests in whatever way possible to ensure their stay in worry free and accomplishes their goals.
3. Oversee CCC’s relationship with current retreat groups to steward the relationship.
4. Be knowledgeable of and able to articulate CCC’s mission and be current in understanding the issues and opportunities for CCC.
5. Identify potential new clients to expand CCC’s retreat ministry.
6. Develop and implement a strategy for encouraging prospective retreat groups and organizations to hold their retreat/event at CCC.
7. Develop, implement, and maintain an evaluation system to ensure CCC continually meets guests needs and expectations of guests. Communicates needs and suggestions to appropriate staff and/or Camp Director based on these evaluations.
8. Serve as member of leadership staff of CCC, which includes meeting regularly with leadership staff.
9. As part of a small camp staff, all staff will be expected to help in all areas of camp operations as needed.
Responsibilities & Duties(Administration)
a. Act as the “first impression” to all who come to the office.
b. Process insurance claims and reports.
c. Maintain an organized filing system for all camp documents.
d. Maintain the office in good order, organized and clean for all necessary office needs purchasing equipment and items as necessary.
e. Manage phone/internet services and keep current on new services to better serve camp needs.
f. Check general camp email account daily(on normal work days).
g. Check mail regularly and disperse to appropriate personnel
h. Communicate office needs to camp director and work within approved budget to meet those needs.
i. Complete all HR needs as necessary i.e. background checks, W-2’s, etc.
j. Provide clerical services for Camp Director.
a. Maintain accurate financial records for CCC
b. Receive and Pay Bills
c. Prepare records for annual audit
d. Provide bookkeeping reports as required
e. Manage all payroll services
f. Update bookkeeping software and be aware of new and better bookkeeping opportunities.
g. Keep all bookkeeping items organized and in good order.
a. Maintain CCC website/social media: update regularly, research and implement new ways to better the site to make it more user friendly and accomplish the goals of the website
b. Keep current on new website/social media opportunities and communicate these to camp director and implement as necessary
c. Maintain web hosting/server
4. Manage Gift Store
a. Operate gift store when in the office
b. Manage ordering as necessary working with Camp Director
c. Keep items stocked, in good order, and displayed to appeal to customers
d. Research new products and communicate needs to Camp Director
e. Oversee money handling, POS system, and cash register procedures
5. Special Projects- As Necessary, working with Camp Director:
a. Prepare advertising and publicity brochures & flyers of the campground & individual events programmed by CCC
b. Prepare & distribute Camp Brochures
c. Publish and mail Newsletters
d. Research and communicate to Camp Director new opportunities to better portray CCC to our constituents through special projects
e. Assist with CCC retreat programming through promotion, publications, and possible program needs
6. Other Duties
a. There may be occasions when other necessary duties may be required as the needs of the camp dictate as assigned by the Camp Director
b. Occasional weekend responsibilities as needed(i.e. hosting, etc.)
This job description may be amended at any time to better clarify the needs of the camp as pertains to the Guest Services & Admin position.
*Regular performance reviews will be conducted at the end of each calendar year and/or when necessary.
Time: Full-Time Year Round
Category: Guest Services
Updated: 1/25/2017 12:21:20 PM