Search Page | Back to Results
Facilities and Maintenance Assistant
We're looking for a Facilities and Maintenance Assistant
Spring Canyon Retreat and Conference Center (www.springcanyon.org), a ministry of Officers’ Christian Fellowship, is hiring for a full-time staff position: Facilities and Maintenance Assistant. This position is available immediately, but ideally starts no later than December 15, 2022.
The Maintenance Assistant supervises summer staff and volunteers, and assists the Facilities and Maintenance Director in planning, prioritizing, participating, supervising, and inspecting maintenance and improvements for facilities, grounds, and vehicles in a manner that provides a safe and comfortable environment for all staff and guests. Assists the Facilities and Maintenance Director in planning and executing the preventive maintenance and safety inspection programs. This position requires a good working knowledge or teachability in several skill fields, including electrical, plumbing, HVAC, roofing, carpentry, and vehicle maintenance.
Spring Canyon is a retreat and conference center in Buena Vista, CO, about 120 miles west of Colorado Springs. Since 1962, Spring Canyon has served military families, couples, singles, and Christian groups from across the world as a “home away from home” for community and fellowship. It is nestled in the beautiful Collegiate Peaks on the edge of the famous Arkansas River Valley, and is a Christ-centered sanctuary for military families, groups and individuals, where the presence of God transforms lives. When guests drive down from the mountain after a retreat, our desire is that they are refreshed, equipped, and inspired to serve in the name of Jesus Christ, wherever God has called them.
What are we looking for?
1. That a clear sense of God's calling to this specific and sacrificial work will become manifest through the hiring process. This is the preeminent criteria and trumps all else below.
2. A demonstrated strong and growing Christian faith and desire to be part of the Spring Canyon ministry.
3. A passion to minister (possibly at all hours of the day) to guests through fixing broken “things,” facilities maintenance, construction, and renovation, equipment repair, plowing/shoveling snow, being a jack-of-all-trades, etc.
4. Ideally, but not essentially, someone transitioned from military service, with a strong professional and spiritual reputation.
5. Ideally, but not essentially, someone with a history in OCF and Spring Canyon or Christian camping/conference center ministry experience and leadership.
6. Working knowledge or teachability in several skill fields, including electrical, plumbing, HVAC, roofing, carpentry and vehicle maintenance is strongly preferred.
7. Ability to read and work from construction plans.
8. Strong customer service orientation.
9. Effective written and verbal communication skills, including use of email.
10. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships across the organization.
11. Ability to accept responsibility for assigned tasks and complete them on schedule.
12. Ability to work effectively in a diverse workforce.
13. View service at Spring Canyon as a ministry calling rather than just a job. Be totally invested in the vision and mission of OCF and Spring Canyon, and serve with a whole heart (1 Sam 12:24 and Col 3:23-24).
14. Available soonest, but no later than December 15, 2022; financial freedom to work for ministry-level compensation; a workable family situation.
15. A reasonable expectation that the applicant can and will serve for at least 2-4 years.
This is a regular, full-time, hourly position. Effective January 1, 2023, the annual salary will be approximately $28,500. The benefits of this position include housing for the employee on conference center property. It is anticipated that the employee will live on conference center property due to the on-call nature of this position as well as the relatively high cost of housing in the local area. Additionally, meals are often available to the employee and dependent family members, when Spring Canyon is serving meals for programs and retreats--although Spring Canyon does not guarantee the availability of meals.
If you are interested in this opportunity, contact the Center Director, Kim Hawthorne (firstname.lastname@example.org, 719-395-2328) for further information and an application. Completed applications must be received NLT October 10, 2022.
If you know someone who might be a good fit, please pass this announcement on to them.
Mr. Kim Hawthorne
Colonel, USAF (Ret)
Center Director, Spring Canyon
Time: Full-Time Year Round
Updated: 9/10/2022 3:23:50 PM