Search Page | Back to Results
Marine & Shop Lead
ON JULY 1'ST THE PAY FOR THIS POSITION WILL INCREASE TO $14.25 PER HOUR!
Full time, year round position with health benefits, paid vacation, comfortable shared housing and 403b options.
A successful candidate will have a strong work ethic, a desire to grow spiritually, an aptitude for leadership, and a desire to work and grow in a fast paced Christian camp environment. There is room to grow in this position.
• Assist the Marine Facility Coordinator with the maintenance of our vessels, vehicles and equipment.
• Willingness to learn maintenance on marine facilities including: moorings, floats, pier, lines and ramps.
• Ability to learn to operate CBS vessels and heavy equipment in support of guest activities and on-going operations.
• Learn to maintain camp utilities including propane, water, electrical, sewage and fire-suppression systems.
• Maintain shop areas considering safety, regulations, efficiency and cleanliness.
• Ability to be trained to be an ocean lifeguard.
• Ability to lead volunteers and other crew staff as needed.
• Assist with a variety projects associated with camp facilities, waterfront and infrastructure.
• Annually affirm InterVarsity's Statement of Faith (http://www.intervarsity.org/about/our/our-doctrinal-basis )
• Willingness to work at least 40 hours per week on a varied schedule including evenings and weekends
• Have good communication skills, a professional demeanor and a service-oriented attitude
• Good aptitude to multi-task efficiently and independently
• Ability to stand for long periods and to lift or carry items UP TO 70 POUNDS
• Valid Driver's License
• Have some knowledge in maintaining and repairing equipment and vehicles
• Ability to operate tools and light equipment
• High School graduate, at least 18 years of age
• Have knowledge in the operation and maintenance of boats, outboards and marine facilities
• Current SCUBA Open Water Diver Certification
• Possess knowledge of plumbing, electrical and carpentry principles
• Previous camp experience
• InterVarsity background or equivalent ministry experience and culture
• Preferably at least 21 years of age
Time: Full-Time Year Round
Updated: 6/19/2019 12:33:37 AM