Search Page | Back to Results
The primary responsibilities of the Wilderness Program Manager (WPM) is to :
• Assist with development of ministry plan for the Wilderness Program.
• Execute operational and programming support for ministry plan for Wilderness.
• Work with Summer Camp in hiring of staff in the Fall and Spring as well as Manage Wilderness Staff during the summer.
• Coordinate and lead training for Guide Staff in the Spring months.
• Assist the Marketing Department with meeting summer goals.
• Assist in promoting trips and be responsible for closing sales and being the Sky Ranch point of contact for Wilderness groups.
Provide Wilderness guests at Ute with safe and excellent trip experiences which result in meeting trip ratings goals as well as trip retention targets.
Qualified candidates should possess the following: Be a committed believer in Jesus Christ, with active membership in a local church. In-depth understanding of the field of camping and outdoor wilderness programs, generally acquired through several years of experience in the field. College undergraduate degree preferred. Oversee the Wilderness program by training and leading the guide staff in execution of multi day trail (Backpack), kayak, adventure trips, and base camp trips at Ute Trail and possibly other sites in manner that glorifies the Lord. As Camp Program leader, execute Trips for Wilderness which tell the story of who we are Jesus Christ, bring glory to God through the work of the Body of Christ, and transform the lives of youth and their leaders in His name. Oversee ministry content planning and preparation, which includes but is not limited to:
• Help interview and hire guide staff in the off season months.
• Assist in Guide Training during the spring months.
• Work with Wilderness Leadership in the development of Soft Programs designed, detailed into checklist, proofed by camp team, and equipment ordered.
Communicate with the Ute trail ministry team through required monthly updates, financial reports; program report forms and yearly statistical data. Manage program budget, handling PO’s and monthly reports as needed. Lead in daily camp operations as needed:
• Management of time off and work schedules Wilderness Staff.
• Execution of hard activity schedule.
• Execution of soft activity schedule.
• Programming leadership. (What we do, when we do it, if we do it. Includes bad weather judgments and rainy day plans.)
• Greeting and monitoring of transportation and arrivals.
• Unloading and orientation of groups. Luggage facilitation
• Departure facilitation.
Provide direction and supervision of direct reports; provide professional growth and development; develop and communicate goals and objectives; monitor, evaluate, and provide constructive feedback and direction to direct reports; conduct annual performance and ongoing evaluation.
Sky Ranch offers a competitive compensation package that includes base salary, medical, dental, vision, Life, AD&D, STD & LTD coverage, Voluntary Life, 403(b), along with paid time off and paid holidays. Qualified applicants should apply by sending a completed application and Doctrinal Statement to email@example.com (email) or 903-386-2713 (fax). Please include job title in subject line
Time: Full-Time Year Round
Updated: 4/13/2017 8:36:33 AM