Search Page | Back to Results
We are looking for someone with a strong work ethic and a desire to live and work in a close community to serve in the much-needed role of Retreat Coordinator. We are passionate about our mission statement and are looking for a like-minded person who is willing to serve alongside us. Please thoughtfully consider each part of our mission statement, job description, and description of our ministry and community before you apply.
Most communication will be handled by email at first over the next few months until the position has been filled. Initial inquiries will not be responded to immediately so as to give us time to consider the many applicants. Not all applicants will receive a response for this position.
To inspire Christ-like change through
Authentic Relationships and
The makeup of our community determines a large part of what it is like to live and work here. We have about 80 people who live on-site year round, comprised of: full-time staff, their families, gap-year students, and interns. Since we are so far from any large towns or cities, all of our full-time staff lives on-site. One example of our distance from town is that it takes 1 hour and 15 minutes to get to the closest Walmart in Kerrville. Camp Eagle is a beautiful place with many natural resources but calls for somewhat remote living. Our staff is fairly active and involved within our community and ministry. Generally we like good food, playing outdoors, working hard as we are very passionate about our mission statement. We encourage applicants, at a further stage in the hiring process, to visit and ask many questions from various staff about what it is like to live and work here. Camp Eagle recently went through a fast growth period and is seeking to be excellent in all we do and become a leader in our industry. However, just like each of us, we have many shortcomings but hope to use even those to serve Jesus Christ. Does that sound like something you want to do?
· The Bible is God's written revelation to man; and that it is verbally inspired, authoritative and without error in the original manuscript.
· Jesus Christ is God's Son, born of a virgin. His sinless life, miracles, death on the cross to provide for the redemption, bodily resurrection and ascension into heaven, present ministry of intercession for all who believe, and his return in power and glory.
· God's Holy Spirit performs the miracle of new birth in an unbeliever and indwells believers, enabling them to live a godly life.
· Man was created in the image of God, but because of sin, was alienated from God. Only through faith in Christ alone for salvation, which was made possible by His death and resurrection, can that alienation be removed and eternal life secured.
· If you have further questions regarding Camp Eagle's statement of faith or testimony, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
TITLE: Retreat Coordinator
DEPARTMENT: Retreats Department
REPORTS TO: Retreat Director
JOB PURPOSE: To fulfill our mission by working on a team that schedules, hosts, and markets for non-summer groups and events, and under the direction of the Retreats Director, your primary responsibilities may include:
- A key responsibility is to host groups in such a way that gives them an experience that meets their needs and enables us to pursue Camp Eagle’s Mission Statement with each group.
- Gather information on the groups you will host
- Willing to learn new skills
- Ability to be flexible with time-off and new policies
- Ability to prioritize the responsibilities placed on you by the groups you will host and camps policies to form your work schedule and complete your tasks and meet deadlines
- Help design the groups experience and time here to meet their needs
- Create logistics sheets for the details of each group you host
- Manage the retreat staff for the follow-through of group logistics
- Pre-group meetings, meals, activities, guest hospitality, prepping the grounds and lodging for guests, and more
- Form relationships with group sponsors and staff
- Complete administrative tasks such as: post-group debriefing, follow up, surveys, billing and collecting retreat payment, prepare and receive contracts and deposit forms, etc
- Occasionally assist in marketing efforts (phone calls, creative html emails, mailers, face-to-face trips) to promote the awareness of Camp Eagle as a place for groups in light of our Mission Statement.
- Make housing and resource reservations for all hosted retreats and events
- Possibly plan adventure events, pursue sponsorship, logistics, marketing, etc
- May develop an event from scratch, such as: Father Son or Mother Daughter Adventure Weekend, Married Couple Getaway, Singles Escape, etc
- Occasionally run activities, group development sessions, prepping meals, cleaning facilities, as needed and as trained when others are not scheduled or your help is needed.
- Hosting groups and events will be on a rotation with a few other staff – primarily the other retreat coordinator and the Retreat Director.
- A typical retreat group is a high school youth group from a church in Texas. Other groups will include men’s retreats, Boy Scout campouts, Adventure Races, etc.
OTHER DUTIES OF ALL CAMP EAGLE STAFF:
Camp Eagle operates year-round. We have guests on the premises almost every day of the year. Serving guests is our number one priority, and therefore ALL staff must participate in guest service in some capacity. Tasks may include cooking, cleaning, facilitating group activities, running retail locations, general maintenance of camp property, and work projects as needed. There are often groups here on weekends, and all staff members will be required to work certain weekends as needed.
EDUCATION, ABILITIES, SKILLS, EXPERIENCE:
The “ideal” candidate will have:
- Educational equivalent of a high school diploma and some college experience
- Ability to communicate comfortably and clearly with all guests and group leaders
- Ability to work well with computer systems and basic word processing and email software
- Willingness to perform routine tasks regularly and on time, with deadlines daily, weekly and monthly for many tasks.
- Ability to work on a team and communicate comfortably and clearly with other staff and inspire them to action
- Ability to understand and follow camp policies and procedures
This job will be performed primarily on location at the Camp Eagle office.
Working offsite will happen infrequently during marketing or training trips.
- Ability to sit and stand for hours on end
- Ability to work on a laptop for hours on end
- Ability to drive around camp property in a camp vehicle
- Ability to infrequently work at height while checking up on staff on the high ropes course
- Occasionally lift heavy objects with help from others
Will consistently work indoors and outdoors in all weather conditions due to the dual nature of this being an office job about half the time and an on-site physical job the other half.
Salary pay, on-site housing, medical insurance, 401(k) retirement package after one year of full-time status, and paid vacation time according to time-off policy.
This Job Description is not intended to be complete. It is only intended to give a good idea of what this job will be like.
TO APPLY PLEASE VISIT: https://goo.gl/fKd2YT
Time: Full-Time Year Round
Category: Guest Services
Updated: 9/19/2018 10:54:38 AM