Search Page | Back to Results
NATURE AND SCOPE:
The Program Director shall create a safe, inspiring and wholesome summer camp for young people, which conveys the inclusive love and acceptance by God for all people and the Christian values and traditions as expressed in the Episcopal tradition. The Program Director shall live out the vision of the Camp and is accountable to the Executive Director. The Program Director shall ensure that Camp programming is in compliance with health, safety and program standards set by the American Camping Association and New York State and that policies and guidelines established by the Board of Managers and Safe Church are implemented.
The primary areas of responsibility of the Program Director is to plan, direct and supervise the Adventure Challenge and Waterfront programs associated with summer camp, as well as, coordinate and facilitate year-round retreat and hospitality ministry for all guests.
Program Director will additionally be responsible for:
• Implement the schedule and leadership for all program activities. Develop a daily and weekly schedule including the special activities of the camp.
• Participate with enthusiasm in chapel, grace and other group worship. Lead campers/counselors in nightly devotions held in the cabins.
• Coordinate the Challenge Course program – equipment inspections, setup, safety checks records, rules, evaluations, policies and training.
• Coordinate the Waterfront Program – equipment inspections, setup, safety checks records, rules, evaluations, policies and training.
• Teach the camp rules to each new session of campers and help enforce them. Encourage respect for others, their personal property, all camp property, equipment and facilities. Promote good public relations with camper’s parents and visitors.
• Ensures appropriate resources/supplies are ordered and distributed for all programs.
• Assist Executive Director in developing the summer program.
• Assist with administration operation when needed.
• Register groups and campers using Camp Brain software.
• Coordinating the scholarship procedures and applications.
• Coordinate evaluations of groups, campers, parents and staff.
• Assist Director with the coordinating of Scholarship procedures and applications.
• Participate in Board of Managers meetings and prepare necessary reports, as needed.
• Assist in hiring of program staff.
• Assist in development of a plan for supervising college staff, counselors and activity staff including waterfront staff.
• Work with Chaplains and other staff in Christian Formation program. Implement and support the program for CPE Interns.
• Coordinate volunteer projects and Service Saturdays.
• Work collaboratively with the Director of Youth and Young Adult Formation and Program Director and the Director of Communication for the Diocese of Long Island.
• Visit Parishes and Schools throughout the Diocese
• Assist with creating promotional brochures and marketing materials.
• Update the Camp website, blog and e-newsletters, as needed.
The Program Director must be willing to participate in the “behind the scenes” facets of camp life as needed, including but not limited to assisting in all aspects of our meal service, housekeeping, maintenance and any additional duties or tasks to make sure campers and staff have a safe and positive experience while at Camp DeWolfe.
In keeping with the Community Covenant Policies, it is expected that the Program Director will lead and maintain a positive, safe, nurturing environment, free of bullying and all inappropriate physical contact. All unsafe situations and events, as well as all interventions, must be reported to the Executive Director. The Program Director must act as a positive role model to campers, parents, guests, staff and the public and help to foster a Christian community.
• Bachelor’s degree
• 2 – 4 years’ supervisory and camp ministry experience with an emphasis on leadership and programming
All interested applicants should submit their resume to:
Time: Full-Time Seasonal
Updated: 5/10/2019 2:44:55 PM