Search Page | Back to Results
Children's Program Lead - Arizona
As part of a growing and exciting mission to disadvantaged children, the Arizona Children's Program Lead is responsible to lead the Children's Program at Youth Haven's Arizona campus. Working in coordination with the leadership team of Youth Haven and Michigan Children's Program Lead, the Arizona Children's Program Lead will assist with the planning of seasonal themes, curriculum, games, activities, follow-up and all other program aspects of Youth Haven's ministry to disadvantaged children. This position then is responsible to lead, manage, and implement all of the programs involved with the year-round, weekly children's activities at Youth Haven in AZ. This currently includes camping sessions and Kids' Klub after-school programs. He/She will also assist in hiring, training and management of the Arizona programming staff team.
Finally, as part of the Youth Haven leadership team, he or she will be an ambassador for Youth Haven's ministry to kids. This may include interaction with current and potential agencies, potential staff, donors, volunteers and others who desire to learn more and become involved with Youth Haven's ministry.
- Be a contagious and consistent Christian role-model inside and outside the ministry of Youth Haven.
- As part of Youth Haven's leadership team, assist with recruiting, interviewing, hiring, and training Arizona's entire program team. This currently includes 5 full time staff and up to 25-30 summer and weekend staff.
- Assist in the development process of seasonal programming themes used during the children's activities, both on and off site.
- Lead devotions and weekly meetings with the Arizona program team.
- As a leader, respond lovingly and appropriately to children with behavior problems and lead other staff in dealing with them as well.
- Handle private and confidential issues in a responsible and professional manner.
- Assist in planning and leading chapel times each day for the children. This includes being the primary speaker during chapel, sharing age appropriate messages to the children and teens.
- Oversee the health needs of the children in coordination with health staff and the leadership of Youth Haven. This includes medication distribution and check in at registration. This also includes assisting with medical situations which may arise while children are on site.
- Develop, oversee and run games and activities in a safe manner.
- Coordinate and lead Youth Haven's Kids' Klub after school programs. This includes engaging with outside contacts to schedule the events held throughout the year.
- Assist with the management and development of Youth Haven's ELEVATE teen program in Arizona, including scheduling, training, assessment of potential and current cadets, and follow-up with those involved with the program.
- Assist with the scheduling and planning of the ELEVATE teen retreats.
- Direct program staff to assist with the upkeep of the grounds and facilities in coordination with the Arizona Facility & Grounds Team.
- Assist with special event planning (i.e. Candlelight Dinners).
- Work with the AZ Regional Director to develop the annual budget for the Arizona children's program.
- Working with the AZ Regional Director, ensure licensing and regulatory compliance in regard to the children’s program in Arizona.
- As one of Youth Haven's key leaders, be an ambassador of the ministry, sharing about the programs of Youth Haven with potential staff, agency contacts, volunteers and donors. This requires becoming very familiar with Youth Haven's ministry model, history, needs and vision
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Must love Jesus and have an active, growing relationship with Him!
- Have a passion and vision to reach children for Christ, specifically disadvantaged children ages 7-12, as well as guide, manage, and support a team of staff who share that passion and vision.
- Be evangelistic and missions focused, desiring to be part of a “seed-sowing" ministry, focused on teaching the Gospel message to children who may never hear of Jesus Christ elsewhere.
- Have a sincere and deep commitment to Youth Haven's mission and values, understanding Youth Haven's purpose as a home missions organization.
- Undergraduate degree from an accredited college or university required. (Camping, youth ministries, missions, education, social work, or other degree related to child development preferred).
- Be a high-energy, creative, and motivating leader with proven experience (3+ years) leading others, preferably in a ministry environment where spiritual leadership was demonstrated.
- At least 3 years previous experience working with children and teenagers, preferably in camping or a similar ministry.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Self-motivated, creative, and confident.
- Be a good problem solver.
- Safety consciousness is essential.
- Able to work within a team environment with flexibility.
- Willing to work a non-standard schedule. This is normally Wednesday - Sunday each week during the school year, and Monday - Friday during the summer. However, odd hours are often required due to the nature of Youth Haven's programs.
- Certification in CPR and basic first aid (or willingness to be certified when hired).
- Proficient and comfortable using computers and technology. This includes Microsoft Office products, social media use, and web content development (blogs, websites, etc.).
- Able to relocate to Youth Haven's Arizona campus and live in provided housing
Youth Haven is a great place to work, with each member of our team using their gifts and skills to reach out to children in need. We offer competitive salaries and other benefits to our staff based upon experience and positional responsibilities. If you feel the Lord is calling you to serve as a missionary at a home missions organization like Youth Haven, and you possess the servant heart, skills, and qualifications required for this position, please fill out our online application at https://www.youthhaven.org/employment-application.
Time: Full-Time Year Round
Updated: 6/26/2019 2:54:14 PM