Search Page | Back to Results
Benefits: Includes housing at the camp on Casper Mountain and meals. Mentorship with Camp Administrator, learning through experience, and building networks and relationships.
Description of the Camp: Camp WYOBA, a rustic Christian camp located on Casper Mountain in Wyoming, operates between Memorial Day and Labor Day running American Baptist youth camps and rental camps.
Duties and Responsibilities:
You will assist with and learn about the following:
-Purchasing/Shopping for groceries and supplies
-Billing and other financial areas of camp
-Updating Wyoba website and social media
-Light kitchen duties
-Serve food and wash dishes as needed
-Clean cabins and bathhouses as needed
-Help with maintenance projects
-Learn how water system operates, EPA & DEQ regulations and assist with maintenance
-Assist Volunteer Program Director with activities and projects as requested
-Oversee camper service project
-Support and encourage staff, campers, and guests
-Coordinating and planning weddings, retreats, and other events
-Set-up for various events
-Assist in any other areas necessary
• Able to work independently, establish goals, have a solid work ethic, be flexible, adjust mindset and schedule to changing priorities, and works well as a “team player.”
• Desire and ability to work in a camp setting; requires good health and stamina to keep up with full camp schedule.
• Good character, integrity, able to adapt to changing schedules, enthusiasm, and patience.
• Must have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ, have a heart to serve and minister to people
• Must be eager to learn, show patience, and commit to mentorship with Administrator and growing spiritually through experience
This internship can start as early as June 1, 2016 and end as late as September 17, 2016. The dates can be flexible based on your school schedule. The intent for this internship is to help give the student camp experience, knowledge of how camp facilities are operated, and an opportunity to serve campers, staff, and guests. At the end of the internship the student will have learned all the components of how to run a camp and will have been given the chance to serve in various roles and capacities. The student will work closely with the Camp Administrator to make sure that the day-to-day operations of the camp are running smoothly.
Salary: Short-Term Volunteer
Category: Support Staff / Intern
Updated: 2/9/2016 11:55:07 AM