Search Page | Back to Results
Program Assistant- Year Round
Create a safe, inspiring and wholesome camp program and retreat ministry for both youth and adults that conveys the inclusive love and acceptance of God for all people and Christian values as expressed in the Episcopal tradition. Plan, direct, implement and supervise the Adventure Challenge Program. Coordinate, design and facilitates year-round retreat and hospitality ministry and programs for all guests.
• Reports to Executive Director.
• Program Assistant Administration duties including mail collecting, answering phone, writing thank you letters, filing, monthly camper mailings and seasonal donor/alumni mailings.
• Register retreat groups and campers using Camp Brain software.
• Work with Food Service Manager to coordinate meals and food service bookings for retreat groups.
• Update the Camp website, blog, social media and e-newsletters.
• Coordinate volunteer projects and Service Saturdays and community projects.
• Develop and manage programs in the retreat season. Facilitate and develop use of the camp by outside groups throughout the year.
• Weekly housekeeping projects and duties, prior to group arrival and after group departures.
• Welcome and providing orientations for retreat groups and retreat hosting throughout their stay.
• Coordinate and facilitate the Challenge Course program – inspections, equipment, set-up,
safety checks, records, rules, evaluations, policies and training.
Housing and some meals provided, Hourly Pay and ongoing training
• Create and distribute brochures and marketing materials for summer camp and retreat
• Develop and plan the Winter and Summer Camp Programs with direction from Executive Director.
Develop a daily and weekly schedule including the special activities of the camp. Responsible for
to day functioning of program activities in the school year.
• Responsible for ordering and administration of camp and retreat supplies for all programs.
• In keeping with the Community Covenant Policies, the Program Assistant is expected to lead and
maintain a positive, safe, nurturing environment, free of bullying and free of all inappropriate
They must report all unsafe situations and events as well as all interventions to the Executive
• Act as a role model in all areas, and in particular, help to foster Christian community.
• Set a good example for all staff and guests, including appropriate language and dress,
punctuality, the sharing of clean-up and other chores, compliance with the ban of use of tobacco
products, alcohol and drugs, and display of good sportsmanship and proper table manners.
• Encourage respect for all other persons, the personal property of others, all camp property,
equipment and facilities. Promote good public relations with campers’ parents and visitors.
• Any additional duties or tasks, going above and beyond to make sure campers, retreat guests
and staff have a safe and positive experience at Camp DeWolfe.
To Apply for this position please complete the staff application for here
Time: Full-Time Year Round
Updated: 3/1/2019 9:50:52 AM