Search Page | Back to Results
JOB TITLE: Lead Cook
RESPONSIBLE TO: Food Services Manager and Associate Director
The general responsibility of the Lead Cook will be to make sure the meal they are in charge of is prepared and served properly to the guests.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS and ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
1. Possess a living and vital relationship with Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior.
2. Must have a strong commitment to uphold the values of our mission and vision statements and be able to work and live within a Christian camp environment.
3. Display maturity, dependability and capability; skilled in the many aspects of kitchen management, cooking, food preparation and preservation, nutrition and sanitation.
4. Possess the ability to be creative in food preparation and presentation.
5. Have experience with institutional cooking and feeding large groups.
6. Supervise kitchen assistants
7. Work independently and with organization; capable of planning ahead, noticing what requires immediate attention, and working safely.
8. Agree to flexibility in work schedule and express willingness to assist with camp concerns when necessary.
The Lead Cook will be (or willing to become) ServeSafe Certified by the State of California.
Time: Full-Time Year Round
Category: Food Services
Updated: 7/1/2019 4:55:50 PM