Search Page | Back to Results
Cook / Chef
JOB TITLE: Cook/Chef
RESPONSIBLE TO: Food Services Manager and Associate Director
The general responsibility of the Chef will be to make sure the meal they are in charge of is properly prepared and served properly to the guests.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS and ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
1. Possess a living and vital relationship with Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior.
2. Must have a strong commitment to uphold the values of our mission and vision statements and be able to work and live within a Christian camp environment.
3. Display maturity, dependability and capability; skilled in the many aspects of kitchen management, cooking, food preparation and preservation, nutrition and sanitation.
4. Possess the ability to be creative in food preparation and presentation.
5. Have experience with institutional cooking and feeding large groups.
6. Supervise kitchen assistants
7. Work independently and with organization; capable of planning ahead, noticing what requires immediate attention, and working safely.
8. Be physically able to move, 50 pounds minimum, at least 10 feet, place items, up to 25 pounds, at least two feet overhead, bend and reach for extended periods of time.
9. Agree to flexibility in work schedule and express willingness to assist with camp concerns when necessary.
The Shift Cook will be ServeSafe Certified by the State of California and continually maintain certification.
Time: Part-Time Year Round
Category: Food Services
Updated: 4/14/2019 1:36:11 PM