Search Page | Back to Results
This candidate will possess a strong work ethic, servant’s heart, a desire to grow spiritually and a willingness to care for guests and other staff. This position provides a successful candidate with training and experience leading toward food service management. It is inclusive of operational aspects of the kitchen, dining room, dish area and laundry at our retreat and training center.
• Perform the planning, preparation & service of good food in accordance with safety, nutrition & guest needs
• Assist in the ordering, reception, storage & tracking of food products
• Assist in managing the cleanliness of kitchen, dining areas & equipment
• Provide leadership to staff, volunteers & guests in kitchen, dining room & dish area operations
• Annually affirm InterVarsity's Statement of Faith (http://www.intervarsity.org/about/our/our-doctrinal-basis)
• Willingness to work at least 40 hours per week on a varied schedule including evenings, weekends and split shifts.
• Have good communication skills, a professional demeanor and a service-oriented attitude
• Ability to stand for long periods and to lift or carry items 50 lbs. or less
• Prior experience cooking in a retail food service, professional or institutional setting
• Ability to exemplify the love of Christ through humble, excellent & genuine guest service
• Ability to complete food handing training (ServSafe)
• High School graduate, at least 18 years of age
• Culinary Arts graduate
• Ability to communicate well to guests and staff
• Current professional certifications in: Food Handing (ServSafe); First Aid, CPR & AED
• InterVarsity background or equivalent ministry experience
• Other college graduate, trade-school certificate or post-secondary coursework
• Preferably at least 21 years of age
Reports to the Food Service Manager.
There are possible opportunities for advancement in this area.
• CBS currently has shared housing available only.
Time: Full-Time Year Round
Category: Food Services
Updated: 1/11/2019 1:56:55 PM