Search Page | Back to Results
Food Services Intern
General Description of Duties and Responsibilities:
Interns are critical members of the Covenant Harbor team. Interns are typically assigned to a specific department but will receive cross-training in other departments. Interns will be given various responsibilities in order to assist in preparing each intern for future leadership roles at a camp, conference center or in other ministry/service industry positions.
Covenant Harbor has two kitchens, serving approximately 130,000 meals a year to hundreds of different groups. The Food Service Intern would be one of three full-time year-round food service staff and would work with an additional 15 or more part-time staff. Covenant Harbor has a wide variety of guests and meals are customized to the guest needs, allowing for variety in meal production and presentation. Food is important at Covenant Harbor!
• Demonstrate a living and growing faith in Jesus Christ in life decisions and relationships
• Ability to work with people in a positive, God-honoring attitude
• Good interpersonal skills, as position will regularly interact with guests and staff
• Ability to adhere to proper food safety procedures
• Strong organizational skills
• Have a valid driver’s license
• Have a strong work ethic and attentive to detail
Education and Training Requirements:
• Prior food service experience
• Basic computer skills and working knowledge of Microsoft Office,
• Previous camp experience preferred
Food Service Intern
1) Food Services
a) Supervised by: Executive Chef
b) Work as part of the food service team in preparing/serving quality food and attractive meals to a wide variety of guests.
c) Will be trained to become a shift manager/lead cook
d) Will be able to participate in management functions such as ordering, scheduling, menu planning, training and more.
e) Interact with both guests and staff to provide excellent customer service.
2) Other Short-term Assignments
May assist other departments such as programming, maintenance, guest services, administration, as needed. Estimated non-food service time around 12 weeks a year.
Category: Food Services
Updated: 8/17/2017 11:25:44 AM