Search Page | Back to Results
Counselor For Disadvantaged Youth
Cross Bar X is much more than your typical summer camp. It is a para-church missionary organization that seeks to impact youth far beyond the summer camp experience. We exist to share the Gospel of Jesus Christ with socially and economically disadvantaged youth. The kids that attend CBX come from fatherless, single-parent, and foster care homes. We provide a highly relational, Gospel-focused camp experience. We are looking for young adults who have a passion for the Gospel, a desire to minister to youth, a strong work ethic, and a willingness and desire to trust God for provision. CBX is a really special place where lives are changed. Please be in prayer if you are a fit for our team!
WHAT WE DO:
Cross Bar X is a camp for socially and economically disadvantaged youth. We provide an amazing camping experience for those that can't afford your typical high dollar, high volume camp. At CBX, we seek to provide an intimate, high quality camp for young people ages 8-18. We do this by working with 20-25 kids per week (usually one gender at a time), keeping counselor to camper ratios low (1:4 or 1:5), and by placing a large significance on 1-on-1 and small group learning. We also provide tremendous activities in the form of a ropes course, giant swing, lake activities such as swimming and canoeing, backpacking, archery, and on and on! CBX is an experience of a lifetime!
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR:
Cross Bar X is looking for 10 counselors ages 18+ who first and foremost have a love for the Lord, a desire to share their faith, and an interest in ministering to kids who are in deep need of God's love. The young people that we work with are often from difficult homes, challenging backgrounds, and sometimes abusive situations. It is our desire to have a lasting impact on each and every one of the kids that Christ brings our way! If that makes you feel a bit overwhelmed, that's okay. We can teach you to be a camp counselor as long as the Lord has given you a desire and passion to love and share his Gospel with kids who need it.
WHAT IS YOUR COMMITMENT?:
While counseling, you will be spending 23 hours a day living with campers. Weeks when you are not counseling you will be on "Support Staff" and will work in the kitchen, assist in leading program activities, and other support duties. You will be expected to cooperate in a spirit of teamwork and unity.
Commitment dates: May 22nd - August 12th 2020
WHAT ARE YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES:
As a counselor, you are the single most important element of our camp program. You will be showing campers Christ´s love in the excitement of camp life. Some of your activities will include leading Bible lessons, one-on-one counseling, hiking, camping, swimming in the lake, ropes course, horseback riding, acting out skits, shooting archery and bb-guns. It is the counselor´s goal to make sure that each camper has been presented with the Gospel of Jesus Christ before they leave.
* Responsible for carrying out the camp program with campers.
* Responsible for the health and safety of campers.
* Live with assigned campers day and night.
* Develop close, positive relationships with assigned campers.
* Promptly attend staff meetings.
* Lead or assist program activities enthusiastically!
* Participate with campers in all camp activities such as backpacking, obstacle course, skits, games, swimming, singing, high ropes course, except for assigned time off.
* Prepare and teach assigned Bible lessons.
* Make time to meet personally with assigned campers.
* Be an active part of the support staff when not counseling. This may include dishes, assisting the cook, leading or assisting crafts and other camp activities, life guarding, and maintenance.
* Openly and honestly share needs and concerns with the Camp Director and/or the Program Director.
* Promote unity by not gossiping, using humor that belittles someone, nor showing disrespect for authority.
* At the end of each or during camp, fill out camper follow-up forms, write camper birthday and Christmas Cards.
* Present the Gospel of Jesus Christ to campers in both group and private settings and make sure each assigned camper knows what the Bible says about having a personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
Counselors will receive room, board, worker´s comp, and $1500 per summer for ten weeks (requires sending 30 letters to friends/family asking them to support you in your summer ministry). Those choosing not to send letters will receive half of the summer compensation.
If you have any questions, please call or email...
(970) 259 - 2716 ext. 1
Time: Part-Time Seasonal
Updated: 2/13/2020 11:27:54 AM