Search Page | Back to Results
Position Title: Head Cook (Summer Camp)
Classification: Full-Time Seasonal, June 20th - August 3rd with potential for Further Part-Time Year-round Retreat Center Employment
Job Location: Stroudsburg, PA
Reports To: Summer Camp Director & Executive Director
Contact: Adam - firstname.lastname@example.org
Mt. Gilead Camp and Conference Center is seeking a qualified, enthusiastic applicant for the position of Head Cook based in Stroudsburg, PA.
This Cook position is responsible for the preparation and delivery of all meals for the summer camp staff and campers, general public, overnight lodge guests and program participants. In addition, this position maintains all aspects of sanitation and cleanliness pertaining to food service, as well as instruction and supervision of the seasonal crew.
Room and board is also provided for those interested.
If you are interested in applying for this position or would like more information, please contact Adam at email@example.com
State and federal background clearances will be required before employment begins.
**Position Requirements and Responsibilities**
- To have a relationship with Jesus Christ, and possess a desire to continually grow in your faith while encouraging others to do the same.
- Must be a person willing to take charge, and be responsible for the safety of food and other employees..
- Engage in positive, encouraging ways with all campers and guests.
- Prepare all meals and snacks as scheduled and instructed according to pre-planned menus and established mealtimes. Be available to work weekends, some weekdays and nights.
- Assist the Summer Camp Directors and Event Coordinators in creating appropriate menus for the season, demographic, and program activity using recipes for consistency, cost control, and appealing servings avoiding unnecessary waste.
- Clean, sanitize and inspect all areas maintained by the kitchen staff on a daily basis, as needed, to exceed the Pennsylvania Board of Health Standards.
- Provide assistance as directed for inventories and ordering of food and supplies.
- Support and direct Kitchen Staff in the preparation and cleaning duties for breakfast, lunch, and dinner set-ups and breakdowns utilizing on-site guidelines and resources.
- Assist in the preparation, set up and breakdown of coffee breaks, receptions, or other special functions.
- Perform any and all other duties as assigned.
- Kitchen and or cooking and sanitation experience.
- Exceptional customer service skills and the ability to be a team player within a detail-oriented, fast-paced environment.
- Flexibility with regard to schedule is required.
- Stand and walk for extended periods of time.
- Climb multiple levels of stairs repeatedly, bending, twisting and reaching motions.
- Utilize step ladders, cleaning equipment.
This job specification should not be constructed to imply that these requirements are the exclusive standards of the position. Employees will follow any other instructions and perform any other related duties as required by their Supervisor or other Managers.
**About Mt. Gilead**
Nestled in the heart of the Pennsylvania Poconos, Mt. Gilead has provided an exceptional Christian girls’ summer camp program for more than 60 years. Campers play, learn, and grow while participating in archery, swimming, riflery, drama, horsemanship, and canoeing – to name just a few! In a warm and friendly atmosphere, staff focus on loving girls to Christ and helping them to develop a dynamic relationship with Him. Meals are served family-style, praise and worship singing, campfires, fun camp traditions, off-the-wall silly songs, games, and activities all enhance the experiences of making new friends and enjoying Christian fellowship. The heart of Mt. Gilead is our Lord, and His praise is incorporated into every area of the camping program. Here girls mature and grow in Him, and make friends and memories that will last a lifetime!
Time: Full-Time Seasonal
Category: Food Services
Updated: 11/13/2018 7:13:48 PM