Search Page | Back to Results
Skyview Ranch is a dynamic Christian Camp and Retreat Center located in the heart of Ohio’s Amish Country. The ranch hosted more than 9,000 guests in 2016 during summer camp, ranch sponsored retreats, and guest group rentals. Skyview is known as a Christ-Centered camp with attention to Service, Excellence, Creativity, and Relationships. Guests enjoy horseback riding, a unique lazy river pool, spring fed lake activities, high adventure elements, paintball, and a wide variety of group events. Skyview is seen as an innovative leader in Christian Camping.
The camp is staffed by year-round salaried positions plus apprentices. Skyview Ranch has good summer staff retention, a solid volunteer core, and consistent donor base of individuals and churches. Budgets support updates to existing facilities and donors support fundraising for major projects.
Skyview Ranch is seeking a proven leader to guide the Ranch in its mission. The Executive Director must have practical operational skills to oversee and manage 7 full-time employees, 6 apprentices and 60+ seasonal staff as they minister to 3,700 summer and retreat campers and the additional 5,300+ individuals who come as part of a guest group on a year-around basis. The Executive Director should have a strong educational background and meaningful Christian Camping experience. Please review the Skyview Ranch Job Description for a complete picture of the position including additional details concerning responsibilities.
- Clear evidence and articulation of a close personal relationship with Jesus Christ
- Relational and leadership maturity
- Solid leadership background appropriate to an organization of this scale
- Sound balance between visionary leadership and practical management skills
- Completed College Degree (Masters preferred)
- 7-10 years Christian Camping experience
- Agreement with the Doctrinal Statement of Skyview Ranch
- Overall leadership of the Ranch with direct reporting to an independent Board of Trustees
- Spiritual Leadership
- Operational Leadership / Management
- Casting and Promoting Vision
- Legal and Fiscal Responsibility
- Capable and willing to fully participate in working ranch-related jobs
- Miscellaneous Other Duties
- On site housing
- Competitive wage
- Health benefits
- Retirement plan
Approximate Time Allocation:
- 50% Camp operation and daily ministry engagement
- 10% Spiritual and leadership development of staff
- 15% External church engagement
- 25% Board and development
- Go to www.skyviewranch.org and click on Executive Director Search.
- Resumes and Executive Director Candidate Profiles must be submitted together for consideration and will be reviewed upon receipt.
- Check out Skyview Ranch at www.skyviewranch.org or find us at skyviewranch on Facebook.
Time: Full-Time Year Round
Category: Executive Director
Updated: 4/20/2017 9:21:33 AM
Skyview Ranch Search Team