Search Page | Back to Results
Five Pines Ministries is a year round Christian camp facility set on a 34 acres of property in the heart of southwestern lower Michigan. It is our desire to provide a place for kids to know God. We exists to provide our guests, especially youth, with the experience of the abundant life through experiential education, discipleship, evangelistic outreach opportunities, and Christian hospitality. The Executive Director is the C.E.O. and directional leader providing vision and leadership to maintain the doctrinal integrity and philosophical foundation of the ministry while effectively carrying out the mission of Five Pines Ministries.
Mission: Reaching Out, Challenging Youth, Changing Lives through Jesus Christ
Title: Executive Director
Responsible for providing administrative leadership for Five Pines Ministries with policy guidance from the Board of Directors. Under direction of the Board, serves as the chief financial, administrative, and personnel officer of the ministry. Supervises ministry staff and volunteers. Provides vision and leadership to carry out the mission of Five Pines Ministries.
1. Provide spiritual leadership and vision to ensure that the mission of the ministry is achieved.
2. Foster good community relationships through interaction with church and civic groups.
3. Facilitate a unified staff that clearly understands the mission and purpose of the ministry.
4. Ensure that Five Pines Ministries’ policies and values are fairly and consistently implemented.
1. Approve hiring and termination of all staff.
2. Promote a work environment that attracts, maintains, and motivates quality staff members.
3. Foster an environment of spiritual growth among staff members.
4. Maintain a system for regular evaluation of all staff.
5. Regularly participate in professional growth experiences
1. Maintain fiscal management of the ministry.
2. Develop the annual operating budget in conjunction with the Board Finance Committee.
3. Control, review, and analyze the annual operating budget and any other ministry budgets and special funds.
4. Provide meaningful, timely, and accurate financial reports to the Board of Directors.
5. Coordinate independent auditing services and other contractual and professional services.
1. Oversee the management and maintenance of all ministry facilities and grounds.
2. Participate in planning for critical long-range needs of the ministry.
3. Ensure compliance with risk management policies.
4. Oversee compliance with federal, state, and local regulatory agencies.
5. Prepare board agendas in cooperation with the board chairperson.
6. Attend board meetings and advise, counsel, and present pertinent data and information to aid the board in decision-making and policy development.
1. Meet with donors and potential donors regularly to share the vision and needs of Five Pines Ministries.
2. Build and nurture a team of people who will pray for and financially support the ministry.
3. Develop strategies to increase and maintain a strong donor base.
4. Prepare and equip staff to help them achieve their personal support goals.
5. Prepare and submit grant applications.
6. Develop and implement a marketing plan for the ministry.
The above responsibilities are intended to describe the general nature and level of work to be performed by the person employed in this position. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities of the position.
1. Must be born again, demonstrate a Spirit-filled life, and be eager to share the abundant life Jesus offers to those God brings into this ministry.
2. Must feel led by the Lord into His ministry and be committed to the ministry of Christian camping.
3. A minimum of five years increasingly responsible experience in Christian camping or related youth ministries is desirable.
4. A degree from an accredited college or university or equivalent training.
5. Strong oral and written communication skills.
6. Demonstrated skills in public relations.
7. Working knowledge of common office computer software applications.
8. Flexibility to work irregular and extended hours as required.
1. Ability to physically perform the essential functions contained in this job description, including the ability to move about all areas of the ministry grounds and participate in programming activities and staff supervision.
2. Ability to access ministry files and operate office equipment.
3. A current valid driver’s license.
Time: Full-Time Seasonal
Category: Executive Director
Updated: 4/2/2017 5:09:05 PM