Search Page | Back to Results
Position: Aquatics Director/Program Staff
Duration: 6.5 weeks (June 28 - August 13, 2017)
Reports to: Camp Directors
• Genuine faith in Jesus Christ, seeking to follow him daily.
• A servant heart, enthusiastic attitude and desire to work with children and teens.
• Red Cross CPR/First Aid Certificate or equivalent.
• Red Cross Lifeguard Certificate, or equivalent
• Experience working in a supervisory capacity as a lifeguard
• Positive references from 3+ referees. One reference must be a written reference.
• Pass Massachusetts CORI and SORI background checks.
• 4 weeks experience in supervisory capacity with children, preferable.
Role and Responsibilities:
Roles and responsibilities vary week-to-week based on the needs and camp schedule. All intern positions include working with campers and guests, implementing summer camp program, participation in activities, cleaning and kitchen help. Camp days are long, but rewarding; work weeks are usually 6 days per week. Working at a camp requires flexibility, problem solving and the willingness to contribute in a variety of ways to create a successful camp experience.
• On duty lifeguard for approximately 4 hours per day (hours may vary as needed) to manage 1-2 lifeguards in a team
• Lead the lifeguard team as the Aquatics Director and comply will all regulations set out by the Massachusetts Department of Public Health whilst lifeguarding. (Training on this to be provided).
• Thoroughly review and sign off on pre-swim and post-swim checklists.
• Conduct head counts of campers during swim time.
• Coordinate with the Activity Director for any changes in swimming hours.
• Complete Orientation with Camp Directors
• Attend daily counsellor meetings
• Assist THCC directors and staff to plan, organize and implement summer camping program.
• Work collaboratively with Activity Director to coordinate all activities and games
• Plan and deliver high-energy, exciting activities and games for kids and teenage campers.
• Work collaboratively with other staff and leaders to ensure that high quality games and activities are rolled out every time (for example: Sarah is running archery at 10am, your role would be to make sure Sarah feels confident to run her station and to ensure that she has all equipment ready and in place before 10am)
• Oversee set up, clean up and correct storage of game supplies
• Meal prep and dishes help as needed
• This position will not have a counselor role (unless specifically desired) but will be expected to engage with children and teens in a positive way, have active engagement in all meals and activities, and be a positive role model for campers.
• Other duties as required by the Camp Director.
Time: Full-Time Seasonal
Updated: 3/30/2017 12:01:38 PM