Search Page | Back to Results
Camp Director - Campus by the Sea
InterVarsity Christian Fellowship/USA is looking for a director of Campus by the Sea, it’s Retreat and Training Center on Catalina Island, California, 26 miles offshore of Long Beach
The director is the senior leader for this strategic Retreat and Training Center and extension of the Fellowship’s purpose and vision. The director serves as a valuable and strategic member of the Fellowship’s Retreat and Training Center Leadership Team and is responsible for developing and fulfilling strategic and annual operating plans and budgets and insuring alignment of the camp’s goals, vision, and values with the Fellowship’s overall mission.
Our Retreat and Training Centers, including Campus by the Sea, are an extension of InterVarsity's ministry. Under our current structure, the Director of Campus by the Sea is a member of InterVarsity’s Finance and Administration function.
Campus by the Sea has great opportunity to collaborate with other InterVarsity camp directors to determine its strategic direction and to set its annual business plan. Campus by the Sea is expected to be financially self-sustaining. It benefits from sharing human resource, legal and financial services with the larger organization.
InterVarsity believes in the unique contribution of its Retreat and Training Centers to the university, church and world and is committed to their long-term flourishing.
The director leads, facilitates, and supervises a unified and collaborative leadership team that oversees the day-to-day operations of the camp. The director is also responsible for ensuring the highest level of hospitality, efficiency, and effectiveness of the camp and for establishing and maintaining positive and strategic relationships with other partners who contribute to the camp’s success including InterVarsity leadership in the Southern California Region, program directors, vendors and suppliers, speakers, local government representatives, and volunteers.
The successful candidate for this position is expected to substantially meet all of the following qualifications:
• Annually affirm InterVarsity’s Statement of Agreement
• College degree or equivalent experience
• Supervisory/team building experience
• 10 years’ experience with camp management or InterVarsity preferred
• Prior business/hospitality industry experience preferred
• Basic accounting and management knowledge
• Strong team player, proven ability to work collaboratively with others
• Conflict resolution skills and cross-cultural abilities
• Customer orientation with gifts and calling to hospitality ministry
• Strong problem solving skills
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Ability to provide spiritual leadership and community building
If you are interested in being considered for this position, contact Steve Lokker at Steve.Lokker@InterVarsity.org for an application, position description, and comprehensive Opportunity Profile. All candidate information and conversations are treated confidentially.
Time: Full-Time Year Round
Category: Executive Director
Updated: 4/24/2017 2:08:10 PM