Search Page | Back to Results
Food Services Manager
FOOD SERVICES MANAGER
Reports to: Associate Director, Executive Director
Supervises: Kitchen staff
Start date: May 2017
GENERAL RESPONSIBILITIES: To plan, direct and supervise Redwood Glen’s food service program in all kitchens and dining areas. To provide guest and programs with food services that enhance their experience at Redwood Glen through excellence in quality, logistics, service, and the entire dining hall experience. To Reflect Christ through serving others.
1. Possess a living and vital relationship with Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior.
2. Have a strong commitment to uphold the values and vision of Redwood Glen and be able to work and live within a Christian Camp environment.
3. Three or more years of food service management experience preferred.
- Experience with institutional cooking and feeding large groups.
- Ability to cook for vegetarian, vegan, gluten free, and other dietary needs of a diverse San Francisco Bay Area.
- Creativity in menu planning and process improvement.
4. Skilled in the many aspects of kitchen management, cooking, food preparation, presentation, preservation, nutrition and sanitation,
- Ability to use and maintain a full range of food service equipment.
5. Strong supervisory and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to supervise, work with and train a diverse team with little or no cooking experience.
- Outgoing and people oriented with an excellent attitude toward service.
- Strong organizational skills preparing work schedules, ordering supplies and maintaining inventory records.
6. Computer proficiency necessary for product ordering and related management responsibilities.
- All related skills necessary for menu planning for 3 meals a day, recipe scaling, budget preparation and evaluation, cost of food analysis etc…
7. Have a full understanding of related Health and Safety issues and management.
- Maintain records demanded by county, state and federal laws, and by the Associate Director.
8. Be physically able to lift (50 lbs. minimum), carry (10 ft. minimum), place items (up to 25 lbs.) at least two feet overhead, bend and reach for extended periods of time.
9. Flexibility in work schedule and willingness to assist with camp concerns when necessary.
10. Must possess a valid driver’s license.
11. Bilingual in English and Spanish, and Hospitality experience a plus.
1. Manages and coordinates all food services related to the camp.
2. Oversees and maintains general condition and cleanliness of the kitchen and dining facilities,
3. Oversees all related full time, part time and summer staff.
4. Assists the camp in fulfilling its mission as related to food services.
1. Maintains and seeks to improve the quality and consistency of food served.
2. Participates in regular team and operations meetings.
3. Responsible for the training and development of Food Services staff.
4. Whenever possible, prepare menu items from scratch, as opposed to using ”prepared foods”, for quality, and economic, purposes.
5. Will be ServSafe certified by the State of California and continually maintain certification.
6. Is responsible and accountable to make sure that all food service staff are certified, as required by county, state and federal government.
7. Be involved in ongoing education opportunities as deemed necessary by supervisor.
8. Promote practices that seek to reduce waste, reuse items, and recycle as much as possible.
9. Works with Guest Services on summer team hiring.
10. Works with Guest Services on special requests and to accommodate special dietary needs.
11. Develops and controls the Food Service expenditure budget within agreed upon quality and quantity guidelines.
12. Develops and controls purchasing and inventory systems for all food service operations, including but not limited to all meals served and program related snacks or other special needs.
13. Responsible for menu planning and pricing within approved budgetary guidelines for all food service operations and services.
14. Monitors and inspects overall dining experience to assure total guest satisfaction
15. Establishes and maintains a safety management program for all work areas, dining room and equipment.
16. Responsible for all appropriate county Health Department standards and food industry practices.
17. Maintains organization and cleanliness of entire dining hall facility, kitchens and food storage areas.
18. Is responsible to assist the program team in the nurture, spiritual formation and care of high school, summer and seasonal staff working within the kitchen and dining hall.
19. The ability to handle conflict in a respectful and professional manner.
20. Attend Staff meetings, special celebrations, or guest services department meetings.
Salary: DOE. Medical/Dental/Vision coverage and retirement plan are offered. Housing and some meals are a part the overall compensation package.
Email cover letter and resume to email@example.com
Time: Full-Time Year Round
Category: Food Services
Updated: 3/8/2017 2:20:18 PM