Search Page | Back to Results
The Black Rock Retreat Executive Director Search Committee is currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of Executive Director.
The new Executive Director will provide inspired Christian leadership to staff and guests leading to exceptional results using available resources. With substantial strength in existing programs, the ED will sustain and strengthen current offerings and will imagine and recommend new ministry initiatives for existing and potential new constituencies/markets. He/she will possess good knowledge of the Christian Camping and Retreats field and/or nonprofit organizations. Additional expertise in people leadership, business/financial acumen, and resource management is required. Agility in problem solving, public relations, fundraising, and organizational development (facilities, program and staff) will prove key.
1. Through a personal relationship with Christ, desires to make Him known to others
2. Demonstrates passion for the ministry of Black Rock Retreat - its programs, offerings and people
3. Role models Servant Leadership, a sense of humility coupled with resolve
4. Collaborates with Board Members and provides leadership to staff, retreat guests, campers, and other constituencies
5. Degree preferred in Business or Camp/Recreation Administration, Communications, Public Relations, Ministry or a related field of study
6. Substantial leadership experience leading to: organizational success, professional growth for the staff being led, and satisfaction/delight in guests/clients served
Black Rock Retreat located in Quarryville, PA - in lovely Lancaster County - is a non-profit Christian organization begun in 1954. Originally started as a summer camp, Black Rock Retreat ministries have expanded to include year-round retreat facilities and programs and an outdoor education program. As Black Rock Retreat enters a new period of anticipated growth, the Board of Directors invites nominations and applications for the position of Executive Director.
Black Rock Retreat reflects our Creator at every touchpoint so people of all ages are positively impacted and drawn to a life-changing relationship with Christ. Recognizing the spiritual needs of our growing community, empowered team members serve intentionally through Gospel-inspired innovations.
Black Rock Retreat is dedicated to spreading the Gospel of Jesus Christ and strengthening His church. We provide quality facilities, programs, and a serving staff within a refuge of God's creation which encourages spiritual growth and restoration.
To apply, please send a cover letter expressing your interest and why you believe your fit is a good one, as well as a current resume.
Via email: email@example.com, or
.......via regular U.S. Postal Service to:
Executive Director Search
c/o Beth Harsh
Black Rock Retreat
1345 Kirkwood Pike
Quarryville, PA 17566
Thank you for your prayerful consideration of this important leadership opportunity in a dynamic, growing ministry.
Time: Full-Time Year Round
Category: Executive Director
Updated: 2/22/2017 12:44:09 PM