Search Page | Back to Results
Kitchen Assistant - Summer
HoneyRock, the Outdoor Center for Leadership Development of Wheaton College, offers undergraduate and graduate education in wilderness adventure ministry, plus a full-service camp and retreat center. We offer 170 paid positions each summer. Working at HoneyRock is far more than just a job. It's living and working within a community of believers who are committed to serving God, our guests, and each other as we fulfill our mission to equip and empower young people for leadership, disciple making and kingdom service. If you are passionate about serving in this way and want to have a blast doing it, HoneyRock may have a position for you.
The HoneyRock Kitchen team affords a unique opportunity to grow as an individual while significantly contributing to the ministry.
The HoneyRock Kitchen Assistant position works directly under the kitchen staff unit leader and the Food Service Manager. Kitchen assistants are mainly responsible for assisting the kitchen staff in meal preparation, serving campers and guests, and clean up. This is a full-time (40 hours per week) seasonal position (May-August) that involves working five, eight-hour shifts with two full days off per week.
1. Perform general kitchen duties in the preparation, serving, and cleanup Chrouser
Dining Hall meals.
2. Assist in ensuring a high level of health and safety, cleanliness and food hygiene.
3. Insure compliance with federal, state and local health safety regulations.
4. Ability to read and understand instructions and recipes; ability to communicate verbally and in writing.
5. Continuous contact with campers and guests with positive attitude and
1. Learn to operate and clean a variety of specialized food service equipment, i.e. coffee maker, automatic dishwasher, commercial ovens, mixers, warmers, and
2. Responsible for cleaning and organization of the kitchen and dining room. With
emphasis on cleaning during the meal prep and after each meal has been served.
3. Assist in the preparation of food for each meal during shift.
4. Assist in the bakery when needed.
5. Monitor the general operation of the dining room and activities related to the
service of each meal.
6. Assist in the checking in and sorting of deliveries.
7. Work with and lead/train service team members on a daily basis.
8. To carry out any other reasonable duties within the overall function of the job.
1. High School Graduate or equivalent.
2. Ability to follow written and/or verbal directions.
3. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
4. Work well with others and ability to interact with campers and guests.
To apply paste link <https://register.honeyrockcamp.org/HR/Application> into a web browser address bar.
Time: Full-Time Seasonal
Category: Food Services
Updated: 2/10/2017 12:09:23 PM