Search Page | Back to Results
Job Title: Cabin Leader
-Department/Group: Summer Ministry Staff
-Location: The Oaks Camp & Conference Center
-Level/Salary Range: Seasonal / $210 per week with room and board provided
-Position Type: Full-time, salaried. Works Sunday-Friday for 5 weeks of summer
camp, plus 2 training weeks prior to camp.
-Reports To: Program Director and Program Assistant Director
THE OAKS SUMMER PROGRAM DESCRIPTION
Through our summer programs we seek to partner with urban communities to transform lives by providing a dedicated space to empower urban Chr istian ministry. The Oaks partners with urban ministries to share the love of Christ with inner-city youth from cities all over California. We seek to offer a summer program with a biblical foundation to build up youth in a safe Christian community that includes campers, staff, guest speakers, and ministry leaders. Our daily schedule is full of fun, high-energy activities, and meaningful biblical lessons. In the
evenings campers enjoy large group games and our lively fire circle program with skits, worship, and inspired teaching. Each summer camp week begins on Sunday afternoon and ends Friday. The Oaks summer camp program serves ages 1st-3rd grade, 4th-6th grade, Jr. High, and Sr. High with a week dedicated to each.
For Campers: To exemplify the love of Christ to urban youth at camp for the benefit of transforming and developing disciples who live out their faith in the city.
For Staff: To dedicate training and summer camp ministry as a platform for leadership development.
For Ministries: To resource the urban Church with relevant, high quality, and Christ-centered programs.
QUALIFICATIONS FOR ALL SUMMER MINISTRY STAFF
1. Wholeheartedly subscribes to World Impact’s Statement of Faith, Affirmation of
Christian Commitment, Summer Staff Standards, and Philosophy of Ministry.
2. Demonstrate Christ-like attitude in all aspects of work and summer camp life.
3. Possesses a desire for ministry to urban youth in a cross cultural setting while
exemplifying a sensitivity and love for a diverse community.
4. A desire to work with kids and teenagers in a Christian leadership capacity.
5. Full engagement in activities while displaying a positive and pleasant attitude.
Cabin leaders form the core of our summer camp program. Spending almost every day of the summer with your cabins will give you the chance to stretch yourself to love when it is hardest to do so. Cabin leaders will lead their cabins at meal times, through classes, and meetings, during many activities and even at rest time. Your primary goal is to live a Christ centered life in front of them, and to take every opportunity to teach them about Christ, to answer their many questions about God, and to affirm in them the truth of the gospel.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Supervise, encourage, assist campers 6-18 campers, ranging from ages 1 st grade-Senior High.
2. Coordinate cabin schedule according to summer program.
3. Lead a small group devotion with campers daily.
4. Assist City Staff with camper discipline as needed.
5. Help teach & train campers how to interact safely at camp.
6. Partner in ministry with assigned Ministry City Staff.
7. Attend Fire Circle and Bible in order to answer camper questions and/or pray with them as needed.
8. Assist Leadership Team in the preparation for and teaching of classes.
9. Be part of a Bible team, drama team, or worship team.
10. Help in other areas of camp as needed.
11. Live a Christ centered life in front of the campers.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS
1. Able to be a team player with the leadership skills necessary to lead a cabin and
2. Strong communication and relational skills.
3. Able to clearly articulate the gospel to kids and youth.
4. Comfortable leading campers in Bible devotional time with questions & answers.
5. Competent and confident in dealing with camper discipline problems.
6. Have a strong desire to see urban kids come to know Christ and grow in their faith.
7. Desire to invest in and encourage kids during activities.
8. CPR and First Aid Certified, or willingness to be trained at personal cost.
9. Must be 19 or older and live on-site for duration of Summer Camp season.
1. Previous camp counselor or youth ministry experience.
Time: Full-Time Seasonal
Updated: 1/27/2017 12:15:36 PM