Search Page | Back to Results
Summer Line Cook
Job Title: Summer Line Cook
Department/Group: Summer Ministry Staff
Location: The Oaks Camp & Conference Center
Level/Salary Range: Seasonal / $210 per week with room and board provided
Position Type: Full-time, salaried. Works Sunday-Friday or Monday-Saturday for 5
weeks of summer camp, plus training weeks prior to camp.
Reports To: Program Director and Food Director
THE OAKS SUMMER PROGRAM DESCRIPTION
Through our summer programs we seek to partner with urban communities to transform lives by providing a dedicated space to empower urban Chr istian ministry. The Oaks partners with urban ministries to share the love of Christ with inner-city youth from cities all over California. We seek to offer a summer program with a biblical foundation to build up youth in a safe Christian community that includes campers, staff, guest speakers, and ministry leaders. Our daily schedule is full of fun, high-energy activities, and meaningful biblical lessons. In the evenings campers enjoy large group games and our lively fire circle program with skits, worship, and inspired teaching. Each summer camp week begins on Sunday afternoon and ends Friday. The Oaks summer camp program serves ages 1st-3rd grade, 4th-6th grade, Jr. High, and Sr. High with a week dedicated to each.
For Campers: To exemplify the love of Christ to urban youth at camp for the benefit of transforming and developing disciples who live out their faith in the city.
For Staff: To dedicate training and summer camp ministry as a platform for leadership development.
For Ministries: To resource the urban Church with relevant, high quality, and Christ-centered programs.
QUALIFICATIONS FOR ALL SUMMER MINISTRY STAFF
1. Wholeheartedly subscribes to World Impact’s Statement of Faith, Affirmation of
Christian Commitment, Summer Staff Standards, and Philosophy of Ministry.
2. Demonstrate Christ-like attitude in all aspects of work and summer camp life.
3. Possesses a desire for ministry to urban youth in a cross cultural setting while
exemplifying a sensitivity and love for a diverse community.
4. A desire to work with kids and teenagers in a Christian leadership capacity.
5. Full engagement in activities while displaying a positive and pleasant attitude.
Serve our guests and staff through preparing and serving meals. Work daily shifts
Sunday-Friday in Summer Camp Kitchen under the Food Service Director. Assist on teams to help run camp activities and special camp events including weekly carnivals and parties.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Learn and use proper knife skills, food preparations skills, and proper equipment for certain tasks.
2. Work in a timely manner while keeping a clean and sanitary work space.
3. Participate in end of shift cleaning projects such as: cleaning dishes, serving line, all food prep surfaces; take out trash and boxes; putting away leftover food in proper storage facilities; turning off all equipment; and sweeping, mopping, and scrubbing floors.
4. Responsible for putting away orders from food vendor, after they have already been checked in properly by supervisor or Cook #1.
5. Expected to take initiative and have creative input on future meals or menu ideas.
6. Participate on Evening Games Team.
7. Willing to assist in other areas of camp as needed.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS
1. Must be currently ServSafe certified or able and willing to complete ServSafe training within 1 week of start date at personal cost.
2. Regularly required to stand, walk, talk and hear, and to lift and/or move items up to 30 pounds.
3. Knowledge of kitchen equipment is not required prior to or upon hire, however it is expected to be learned and studied after hire date.
Time: Full-Time Seasonal
Category: Food Services
Updated: 1/27/2017 12:07:20 PM