Search Page | Back to Results
Coffee House Barista (Summer Staff Position)
Job Title: Coffee House Barista Department/Group:
Summer Ministry Staff Location: The Oaks Camp & Conference Center Level/Salary Range: Seasonal / $210 per week with room and board provided Position Type: Full-time, salaried. Works Sunday-Friday or Monday-Saturday for 5 weeks of summer camp, plus 2 training weeks prior to camp.
Reports To: Camp Grounds Coffee House Supervisor
THE OAKS SUMMER PROGRAM DESCRIPTION Through our summer programs we seek to partner with urban communities to transform lives by providing a dedicated space to empower urban Christian ministry. The Oaks partners with urban ministries to share the love of Christ with inner-city youth from cities all over California. We seek to offer a summer program with a biblical foundation to build up youth in a safe Christian community that includes campers, staff, guest speakers, and ministry leaders. Our daily schedule is full of fun, high-energy activities, and meaningful biblical lessons. In the evenings campers enjoy large group games and our lively fire circle program with skits, worship, and inspired teaching. Each summer camp week begins on Sunday afternoon and ends Friday. The Oaks summer camp program serves ages 1st-3rd grade, 4th-6th grade, Jr. High, and Sr. High with a week dedicated to each.
For Campers: To exemplify the love of Christ to urban youth at camp for the benefit of transforming and developing disciples who live out their faith in the city.
For Staff: To dedicate training and summer camp ministry as a platform for leadership development.
For Ministries: To resource the urban Church with relevant, high quality, and Christ-centered programs
QUALIFICATIONS FOR ALL SUMMER MINISTRY STAFF
1. Wholeheartedly subscribes to World Impact’s Statement of Faith, Affirmation of Christian Commitment, Summer Staff Standards, and Philosophy of Ministry.
2. Demonstrate Christ-like attitude in all aspects of work and summer camp life.
3. Possesses a desire for ministry to urban youth in a cross cultural setting while exemplifying a sensitivity and love for a diverse community.
4. A desire to work with kids and teenagers in a Christian leadership capacity.
5. Full engagement in activities while displaying a positive and pleasant attitude. POSITION SUMMARY Work at Camp Grounds, our on-site camp store and coffee house Monday through Thursday, and Saturday afternoons. Make espresso drinks and smoothies, run the cash register, perform daily cleaning and restocking duties. Assist with coffee craft classes and help with special camp events including weekly carnivals and parties. May assist other teams and classes as time allows.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Prepare and serve hot, iced or blended beverages, such as espresso drinks, smoothies, or teas.
2. Greet guests, provide friendly service, describe menu items to customers or suggest products that might appeal to them.
3. Accurately ring sales orders into cash register and count back change to customers in a courteous and friendly manner.
4. Clean or sanitize work areas, utensils, equipment, and seating areas as necessary and at the end of each shift.
5. Receive and stock supplies or retail products in appropriate places. Re-stock shelves from store room as necessary.
6. Report employee accidents, potential safety hazards, and any operational inconsistencies to the Camp Grounds Coffee House Supervisor.
7. Teach “Coffee Craft” class during Jr. and Sr. High camps.
8. Work Monday-Thursday evenings in dining hall.
9. Assist with other Summer Camp activities as needed.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS
1. Must be currently ServSafe certified or able and willing to complete ServSafe training within 1 week of start date at personal cost
2. Must adhere to The Oaks Camp Grounds Coffee House Dress Code and agree to The Oaks Statement of Faith.
3. Regularly required to stand, walk, talk and hear, and to lift and/or move items up to 30 pounds.
4. Must be 18 or older and live on-site for duration of Summer Camp season
1. Previous experience making hot, iced or blended espresso drinks, smoothies, or teas.
2. Previous experience operating a cash register.
Time: Full-Time Seasonal
Category: Food Services
Updated: 4/19/2017 5:34:44 PM