Search Page | Back to Results
Camp Nurse Job Description
Crossings Ministries is a non-profit organization that exists to proclaim the Gospel and to see God transform lives in our kids. We strive to maintain an atmosphere that reflects our values by providing effective and respectful care to each patient and family.
To reach our goals, we are committed to recruiting dedicated, qualified nurses, cultivating a workforce that provides safe patient care to our campers, staff and subdivision. We seek a licensed nurse (RN, or LVN) to join our crew as we work to uncover the beauty in God’s creation and His Word. You’ll talk with students, handle and give them medications, manage the infirmary, and work with our teachers and staff.
Crossings Children’s camp is located at various camp centers in the broader Kentuckiana region, and serves youth ages 5 and older. The camp runs from 06/01/2017 to 08/01/2017. Room and board are provided during this time. Pay is based on experience.
• Maintaining, collecting, and organizing appropriate medical forms for students
• Communicating with school nurses and teachers determining what specific students needs are for their duration at camp (food allergies, medical needs, behavioral needs) and communicate with appropriate camp staff to ensure needs are carried out.
• Supply and maintain infirmary and ensuring it is in clean and operable condition
• Conducting daily health surveillance and sick call for students
• Responding to and administering appropriate treatment for injuries or illness
• Dispensing medications as per standing orders
• Assessing injured or sick students while at camp, providing care, and finally decide if they are suitable to continue the program, or if they must be sent home.
• Able to identify emergency situations and act appropriately with Emergency action plans
• Maintain medical treatment logs and medication administration records
• Consult with staff directors regarding any unusual medical occurrences or situations during the course of the program
• Must be able to communicate effectively with students, teachers, and parents/guardians
• Friendly, happy, with a good sense of humor.
Time: Full-Time Seasonal
Updated: 1/27/2017 11:51:16 AM