Search Page | Back to Results
Job Title: Nurse Assistant Department/Group:
Summer Ministry Staff
Location: The Oaks Camp & Conference Center
Level/Salary Range: Seasonal / $210 per week with room and board provided Position Type: Full-time, salaried. Works Sunday-Friday for 5 weeks of summer camp, plus training weeks prior to camp.
Reports To: Program Director and Summer Camp Registrar
THE OAKS SUMMER PROGRAM DESCRIPTION Through our summer programs we seek to partner with urban communities to transform lives by providing a dedicated space to empower urban Christian ministry. Over five week-long summer camps for inner-city youth from cities all over California, The Oaks partners with urban ministries to share the love of Christ with all who attend camp. We seek to offer a summer program with a biblical foundation to build up youth in a safe Christian community that includes campers, staff, guest speakers, and ministry leaders. Our daily schedule is full of fun, high-energy activities, and meaningful biblical lessons. In the evenings campers enjoy large group games and our lively fire circle program with skits, worship, and inspired teaching. Each summer camp week begins on Sunday afternoon and ends Friday. The Oaks summer camp program serves ages 1st-3rd grade, 4th-6th grade, Jr. High, and Sr. High with a week dedicated to each. SUMMER MISSION For Campers: To exemplify the love of Christ to urban youth at camp for the benefit of transforming and developing disciples who live out their faith in the city. For Staff: To dedicate training and summer camp ministry as a platform for leadership development. For Ministries: To resource the urban Church with relevant, high quality, and Christ-centered programs.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS
1. Wholeheartedly subscribes to World Impact’s Statement of Faith, Affirmation of Christian Commitment, Summer Staff Standards, and Philosophy of Ministry.
2. Demonstrate Christ-like attitude in all aspects of work and summer camp life.
3. Possesses a desire for ministry to the urban poor.
4. A desire to work with kids and teenagers in a Christian leadership capacity.
5. A desire to minister in a cross cultural setting and while exemplifying a sensitivity and love for diversity.
POSITION SUMMARY Assist medical staff with daily duties in the care and administration of medical needs for staff and guests at camp. Work a daily shift Sunday through Friday. Assist with special camp events including weekly carnivals and parties as available. Participate in summer staff life. Preference given to individuals studying for degrees in nursing, sports medicine, and physical training; clinical health experience required. Minimum age 19 or one year of completed college or equivalent life experience.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Review and process camper Medical Forms.
2. Help with intake procedures for campers during registration.
3. Provide coverage and treatment for camper first aid issues and emergencies up to your level of training during scheduled duty hours and as needed during other times.
4. Care for ill or injured patients in the infirmary.
5. Provide on-call coverage as needed during nighttime sleeping hours in the infirmary.
6. Issue camper medications at meals and other times as scheduled.
7. Opportunity to update standards and offer ideas leading to an increase in the quality of care.
8. Upon arrival, thorough training will occur during orientation with Camp Registered Nurse.
9. At this time, skills are evaluated before independent care is delivered.
10. Help with camp program under supervision of the Director of Youth Ministries as time allows.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS
1. College level courses in Anatomy & Physiology and Pharmacology preferred.
2. First Aid and CPR Certification for child to adult ages.
3. More advanced emergency training such as First Responder, EMT, experience in providing first aid care, or clinical training such as medical assisting is helpful.
4. Nursing, Pre-med, athletic trainer and sports medicine majors or interest preferred.
5. Good professional clinical demeanor and medical problem-solving skills.
6. Steady and dependable in crisis situations.
7. Is a team player with leadership skills.
8. Possess good organizational, communication and administration skills.
9. Able to fully assess a patient using all five senses.
10. Can keep calm under stress including major injuries and displays of bodily fluids.
11. Can run up to 0.25 miles in under five minutes to get additional help.
12. Can use a radio and phone to clearly communicate.
13. Can maintain and review medical records in a professional manner (read and write).
14. Can roll a person (up to 200 lbs.) onto their side and carry a first aid kit.
15. Can perform CPR and choking protocols on adults and children.
16. Can wear common healthcare latex or vinyl gloves.
17. Must be 19 or older and live on-site for duration of Summer Camp season
Time: Full-Time Seasonal
Updated: 1/27/2017 11:43:21 AM