Search Page | Back to Results
Session Ministry Assistant
Job Title: Session Ministry Assistant Leader
Department/Group: Summer Staff
Location: The Oaks Camp & Conference Center
Level/Salary Range: Seasonal / $220 per week with room and board provided Position Type: Full-time, salaried. Works Sunday-Friday for 5 weeks of summer camp, plus training weeks prior to camp.
Reports To: Program Director.
THE OAKS SUMMER PROGRAM DESCRIPTION
Through our summer programs we seek to partner with urban communities to transform lives by providing a dedicated space to empower urban Christian ministry. The Oaks partners with urban ministries to share the love of Christ with inner-city youth from cities all over California. We seek to offer a summer program with a biblical foundation to build up youth in a safe Christian community that includes campers, staff, guest speakers, and ministry leaders. Our daily schedule is full of fun, high-energy activities, and meaningful biblical lessons. In the evenings campers enjoy large group games and our lively fire circle program with skits, worship, and inspired teaching. Each summer camp week begins on Sunday afternoon and ends Friday. The Oaks summer camp program serves ages 1st-3rd grade, 4th-6th grade, Jr. High, and Sr. High with a week dedicated to each.
For Campers: To exemplify the love of Christ to urban youth at camp for the benefit of transforming and developing disciples who live out their faith in the city. For Staff: To dedicate training and summer camp ministry as a platform for leadership development. For Ministries: To resource the urban Church with relevant, high quality, and Christ-centered programs.
QUALIFICATIONS FOR ALL SUMMER MINISTRY STAFF
1. Wholeheartedly subscribes to World Impact’s Statement of Faith, Affirmation of Christian Commitment, Summer Staff Standards, and Philosophy of Ministry.
2. Demonstrate Christ-like attitude in all aspects of work and summer camp life.
3. Possesses a desire for ministry to urban youth in a cross cultural setting while exemplifying a sensitivity and love for a diverse community.
4. A desire to work with kids and teenagers in a Christian leadership capacity.
5. Full engagement in activities while displaying a positive and pleasant attitude.
Under the direction of the Program Director and the Ministry Session Leader work to develop and implement special youth ministry sessions in alignment with the planned summer theme. Collaborate with leaders to lead the Bible and Fire Circle teams in the planning and delivery of morning and evening programs. The Ministry Session Assistant Leader also helps create lesson plans for performing arts classes, such as worship, drama, and dance for youth 5-19 years of age. This position will assist with other activities such as lunch meal games, meal hosting, evening lights out, party set-up/tear-down, carnival, supervising cabins as needed, etc.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Assist to plan, organize, and implement the youth ministry sessions during summer camp, including: morning Bible and evening Fire Circle
2. Alongside the Ministry Session Leader equip and empower Fire Circle and Bible teams to ensure the gospel message is portrayed through the summer theme. Integrate theme into music, drama, games, teaching, lessons, etc.
3. Assist the Bible Team to create curriculum to connect games, stunts, object lessons, skits, memory verses, decorations, music, crafts and testimonies to theme.
4. Help create an energetic and uplifting environment for youth from a multi-cultural background and sensitive to both unchurched and churched youth
5. Give oversight to coordinate assigned areas of the session to enable quality. Must provide good leadership and delegation practices
6. Aid in planning schedules and coordinate with team members and speakers to ensure smooth transitions and congruity
7. Develop classes like dance, drama, Bible for each week of camp (may utilize assistance by more experienced summer staff)
8. Help develop 5-10 minute age-age appropriate Bible messages, integrating the gospel and summer camp theme, to present daily to grades 1-3, grades 4-6, Jr. High, and Sr. High
9. Help develop daily cabin devotional material/content and teach the counselors how to present devotions to the campers during orientation. Continue to coach counselors as needed throughout the camp sessions
10. Help in other areas of the camp as needed.
Time: Full-Time Seasonal
Updated: 1/27/2017 11:31:54 AM