Search Page | Back to Results
Arts & Crafts Leader
Job Title: Arts and Crafts Leader
Department/Group: Summer Ministry Staff
Location: The Oaks Camp & Conference Center
Level/Salary Range: Seasonal / $220 per week with room and board provided Position Type: Full-time, salaried. Works Sunday-Friday for 5 weeks of summer camp, plus training weeks prior to camp.
Reports To: Program Director and Assistant Program Director
THE OAKS SUMMER PROGRAM DESCRIPTION Through our summer programs we seek to partner with urban communities to transform lives by providing a dedicated space to empower urban Christian ministry. The Oaks partners with urban ministries to share the love of Christ with inner-city youth from cities all over California. We seek to offer a summer program with a biblical foundation to build up youth in a safe Christian community that includes campers, staff, guest speakers, and ministry leaders. Our daily schedule is full of fun, high-energy activities, and meaningful biblical lessons. In the evenings campers enjoy large group games and our lively fire circle program with skits, worship, and inspired teaching. Each summer camp week begins on Sunday afternoon and ends Friday. The Oaks summer camp program serves ages 1st-3rd grade, 4th-6th grade, Jr. High, and Sr. High with a week dedicated to each.
SUMMER MISSION For Campers: To exemplify the love of Christ to urban youth at camp for the benefit of transforming and developing disciples who live out their faith in the city. For Staff: To dedicate training and summer camp ministry as a platform for leadership development. For Ministries: To resource the urban Church with relevant, high quality, and Christ-centered programs.
QUALIFICATIONS FOR ALL SUMMER MINISTRY STAFF
1. Wholeheartedly subscribes to World Impact’s Statement of Faith, Affirmation of Christian Commitment, Summer Staff Standards, and Philosophy of Ministry.
2. Demonstrate Christ-like attitude in all aspects of work and summer camp life.
3. Possesses a desire for ministry to urban youth in a cross cultural setting while exemplifying a sensitivity and love for a diverse community.
4. A desire to work with kids and teenagers in a Christian leadership capacity.
5. Full engagement in activities while displaying a positive and pleasant attitude.
POSITION SUMMARY The Arts and Crafts Leader is responsible for decorating the Hamblen Dining Hall and Fire Circle in alignment with the planned summer theme. The Arts and Crafts Leader also develops and facilitate Arts and Crafts classes as well as free time arts and crafts activities for all five weeks of summer camps. Arts and crafts activities are also planned for City Training week which occurs prior to summer camps. This position will also assist with other activities such as meal hosting, party setup/tear down, carnival, supervising cabins as needed, etc.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Develop and implement decorations Hamblen Dining Hall and Fire Circle that deliver the planned theme for summer camp. Plan for and supervise other summer staff as they assist in completing decorations as needed.
2. Develop and lead art and craft projects for all craft classes for each camp week 3. Assist the Graffiti Director in the development of their classes and work together to plan and deliver free-time craft sessions
4. Develop and lead arts and crafts activities for Week in the City
5. Operate the kiln for pottery projects planned for arts and craft classes
6. Manage inventory of supplies needed for morning arts and craft classes and free time activities
7. Help in other areas of camp as needed QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS
8. Flexible; possesses strong organizational and time-management skills
9. Passionate about children using art for learning and creative expression
10. Possesses knowledge of art basics and the ability to teach them to children ages 5-19
11. Be a team player with the leadership skills necessary to lead a team in order to accomplish tasks 12. Able to operate (or learn how to operate) a kiln
13. Able to manage and work within a budget
14. Able to give directions to a group of 20 students
15. Must be 20 or older and live on-site for duration of Summer Camp season
Time: Full-Time Seasonal
Updated: 1/27/2017 11:32:10 AM